Movies support is needed

Please, please please can you have movie support at some point in the near future? There is one piece of software out there (couch…) that does this but it is extremely poor. Sonarr is probably the best piece of software I have dealt with re this field in a long time.

I know I’d not be the only one to want this feature added. Do a poll and see. I know it would be highly popular.

3 Likes

Definitely not in the near term, its not on our radar as something we’re going to add in the next year (or longer).

This is our stance:

We know it would be popular, but popularity doesn’t give us the time to properly design and implement it as well as support it after the fact.

1 Like

Try looking at couchpotato, it’s kinda Sonarr for movies.

I have used CouchPotato but as I said in my original post, its extremely poor. It never grabs the correct movie, or correct size, and I have made the settings as people have suggested. I gave up with that.

It’s a shame Sonarr can’t do movies.

What CouchPotato needs is a decent rival. Sonarr has sickbeard, Couch needs something else.

The problem is that there are so many fake movies listed on NZB indexers. This isn’t the fault of Couchpotato.

Ultimately you need a better source for your movies, in the end I stopped using NZB to get movies and moved solely to some reliable Torrent Indexers. After I did this, all of my problems with CP went away.

yes indeed couchpotato has been poor and needs a rival so that it gets better. The support and forums of CP are extremely poor so if you get an error or something doesn’t work you are screwed as no help is available like sonarr.

I have with omgwtfnzb and A LOT of keywords exclusions i manage to avoid fakes so far and bad qualities. Its a mess but it works for me

Movies can be much more complex than TV shows when it comes to automation. I find that Couchpotato does a very good job all things considered. I seldom have issues. And I would rather have each software do their own thing.

i think we all are talking about a different software for movies and not integrated within sonarr, i myself will prefer this

As I stated before, most peoples problems with CouchPotato stem from the NZB indexer that they are using. These indexter are curated very poorly meaning that there are a lot of fake files out there (which isnt such a problem for TV).

The single best thing you can do is move to a well curated indexer. For me this involved using a Private Torrent Tracker rather than NZBs.

Once I did this, all of my problems with CouchPotato disappeared.

Even if Sonarr was to add movie (NZB) support they would have many of the same issues that CP does with downloading fakes due to the poor source NZB indexers.

I’ve used SickBeard for years…it is no longer in development, hence my migration to Sonarr last year and couldn’t be happier. CouchPotato I have also used for years…since version 1.x. Its a great program I don’t know how you have your settings, but I rarely got fakes, and always gets the quality i’m looking for…

1 Like

What MahJohn sez. I am also new to Sonarr for the same reason, and I use CouchPotato since the V1. days, and now the V2.x CouchPotatoServer. And also like MahJohn, CPS rarely lets me down. However, I would like to see some competition for CPS. So for me, if Sonarr gets movie support, fine. If not, fine.

Wayne

Personally, I don’t have problems with NZB indexers, and CouchPotato is at least decent about downloading the files.

My issue is that it is ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS about detecting downloads and moving them over. This is has been a consistent issue since v1. Compounded by the fact that I’m using Windows, apparently. It will work sometimes, but not reliably. And there is no way to force it to scan for downloaded files to process.

Yup there is…
http://[server]:[port]/api/[APIKEY]/renamer.scan

Okay, let me rephrase: that works.
It will pick up stuff sometimes. Like one out of ten movies it works. Even if the folders are all properly named for CouchPotato (meaning the “.cp(tt####)” at the end of the folder name)

Or allows you to manually identify movies for when the renamer fails.

I have no such problems.

My movies are downloaded with [FilmName].[Year].[ReleaseGroup].EXT]

movies are 99% of the time imported correctly. But these are discussions for the CP forums rather than the Sonarr forums.

well i wish the CP forum was as active as this in terms of support but unfortunately it is not that’s the problem.
Anyway there is a nice thread there that we can continue discussion https://couchpota.to/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10029

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.