Move shows from Downloads folder to external drive?

I download using qBittorrent to my Downloads folder on my C: drive.

I have an external drive that I have just purchased that I want to use for my shows and movies.

I moved all my shows and movies to these folders on the drive and then went into Sonarr > Settings > Media Management and changed the root folder to D:\TV Shows.

I then had to change edit each show and change the path to match. (I thought this would have been done automatically).

After a show is downloaded from qBittorrent it stays in my internal C: Downloads folder. I thought it would be moved to D:\TV Shows but I had to move it myself and then edit the path again.
I don’t mind if shows are automatically downloaded to D:\TV Shows and then sorted automatically into the Seasons folders.

I just didn’t want all qBittoreent downloads to go to the external drive, only the shows and movies downloaded from Sonarr and Radarr.

What am I missing here? I also need to do the same for Radarr too so once I find a solution can also get that sorted too.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

In settings you added a new root folder and removed the existing, but that doesn’t change existing Series, you could have used Mass Editor to update them all at once though.

Is C:\Downloads the old root folder? Or just where qbit downloads things to?

Check out Activity: Queue and debug logs (and include all the requested information when you opened this thread) to see why things aren’t importing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.