Monitor Future Episodes - Weekly task?

I’m not 100% sure where this (or even IF this) should go.

I thought (just by the name of the function) that “Monitor Future Episodes Only” would apply in an ongoing fashion, not just at the moment it’s implemented. ie - After an episode is downloaded, it would be ‘un-monitored’.
It’s not, I get it, it’s not written anywhere in the docs or FAQ that it was/would be/should be, etc.

But… For people that have good sized libraries or a number of ongoing shows that are kept up with, I think it would be a good thing to maybe have a task that could run once a week or so that would do something similar to the following:

Select all Monitored Shows (Or prompt for a selected list of shows, recently updated, perhaps?)
Update episode monitoring to “Future Episodes Only”’

For the record, this is for OCD placation mainly, but I still think it would be a good thing to have.

https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/library#add-new

" * Future Episodes - Monitor episodes that have not aired yet"

That includes new episodes added in the future.

Also displayed directly in the UI when adding a series - (I) modal

“After an episode is downloaded, it would be ‘un-monitored’.”

Sonarr unmonitoring something should never be and is not part of any normal process. Just set your quality profiles accordingly. If needed set plex or Tautulli to delete after X And set sonarr to unmonitor deleted episodes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.