Missing root folder NAS? Just appeared

I’ve been running Sonarr on my windows 10 PC for a few weeks connected to my NAS. For some reason today it has stopped working.

Under System it states: Missing root folder: Z:\TV Shows

Under logs it states: Unable to get free space for: Z:: Z:\

It’s been working fine and my Windows PC has full access to that drive (Plex still works from that drive), nothing else has changed, any ideas?

also it says this in the logs:files:

16-1-8 14:21:24.2|Warn|DiskScanService|Series’ root folder (Z:\TV Shows) doesn’t exist.

Take a look at the FAQ item regarding Mapped Network Drives.

I’ve had a look through the FAQ but can’t find anything which would suggest why it would work one day but not the next? Unless I’m missing something?

I’ve also tried using UNC path but it says “Path does not exist”. Any other ideas?

Windows services are very unreliable with mapped network drives (Microsoft doesn’t support them).

If the UNC path is failing it sounds like there is security on the share and either it needs to allow the system running Sonarr to connect without credentials or you should not run the Windows service and instead run NzbDrone.exe through the startup folder (so it starts with the computer) and has a tray icon.

1 Like

ok, that’s worth a try, how do I stop running Sonarr as a service?

Ok, I’ve gone into task manager and killed the nzbdrone task. Then restarted Sonarr through the exe file and it looks like it’s recognising the mapped drive. Upon restart I’m back at square one. How can I stop running Sonarr as a windows service and just put Sonarr.exe in the startup folder?

You can either disable the service in the Service management console (through Control Panel) or uninstall it by running ServiceUninstall.exe in C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone\bin.

1 Like

Perfect!!! I’m back up and running!!!

I uninstalled it by running ServiceUninstall.exe in C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone\bin as you said. I’ve put the nzbdrone.exe in startup and rebooted. Everything is working as it should. Thanks very much I really appreciate it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.