MediaInfo Library could not be loaded libmediainfo.so.0 - Fedora 26

Hi Everyone,

I got this error last night, and since then sonarr will not process torrents or nzbs on it’s own. I can manually post process.

I’m running Fedora 26, latest Mono, and latest sonarr

I’ve reinstalled sonarr and mono, to no avail.

Can anyone else verify if they have the same problem? I’m not sure how to proceed other than wiping the server and starting new, I’d like to avoid that if possible,

Thanks everyone

Ray

You’ll need to make sure libmediainfo is available for Sonarr to use.

hi,

would you know how? i found it in /usr/lib64 and softlinked it to /opt/NzbDrone.

i honestly don’t know what broke, as its on a system with plex and subsonic and the downloaders. it’s been working fine for months, i only ssh in to apply updates through dnf.

any help would be great.

You don’t need to link it to /opt/NzbDrone, as long as it’s on the PATH it’ll work. Beyond that I’m not sure what steps you’ll need to do to resolve it.

Hi, first off thank you for your reply.

That didn’t seem to do it either… where does sonarr ‘look for’ libmediainfo? i also tried making a copy of the library and placing it in /opt/NzbDrone, but that didn’t work either,

It appeaars there is two versions of that library, one ending in .0 the other in .17

Is this a mono issue? I don’t know what else to try short of a complete redo of the system, which also has a plex server, subsonic, deluge, sab, sonarr, pi-hole…

I’d really like to avoid this. Is it possible the next version of sonarr will fix this? if so, i’ll just continue post processing manually. It looks as though i’m not the only one though, so I’m hoping the more experienced users have the solution.

Thanks for trying.

Ray

Hey my fellow Fedora brother. I had the same issue and I think it stems from MediaInfo being updated from version 0.7.99 to 17.10. What I did to fix it was to create a copy of libmediainfo.so.17 in /usr/lib64 then I renamed the copy to libmediainfo.so.0. Was it an elegant fix? No. Did it work? Yes. It seems Sonarr is looking specifically for a 0.x.x version and version 17 is breaking it. Hopefully markus can take a look and code a better solution than mine.

Good luck and I hope it works for you.

1 Like

oh I didn’t see your post!

Yes sorta figured the same thing out… somehow the I had two versions of libmediainfo.so one ending in .0 the other .17, but the symlink was broken because the file libmediainfo.so.0 was a file with a different filesize, so i backed it up, deleted it, and made a new symlink from the .17 to .0.

Your solution would have done it too. I wonder, it must have been a broken update to libmediainfo, as I have it on a dedicated box, with just other servers, so ALL I do on that machine is ssh it and run a dnf update, no desktop environment, no installs/uninstalls, it should be pretty steady.

This is amazing software, I mean even without the libmediafile I had to post process, which is only a couple clicks… laughable when you consider we were burning and labeling DVDs just a couple year back never mind this amazing software that steers other bots, renames, and stores your files for your front end of choice. It’s amazing. Great user base too!

Ray.

Thanks so much for replying, I’m glad the forums are so helpful.

I’m on CentOS 7 and I also updated the libmediainfo package. I coped libmediainfo.so.17.10 to libmediainfo.so.0 in /usr/lib64, restarted Radarr/Sonarr and no errors.

Thanks for heads up guys. I had the same issue on Centos 7

I fixed by doing a soft link.

Do either of the following:
‘cd /usr/lib64’
‘sudo ln -s libmediainfo.so.17.10 libmediainfo.so.0’

OR

‘sudo ln -s /usr/lib64/libmediainfo.so.17.10 /usr/lib64/libmediainfo.so.0’

This is probably going to need to be opened as a bug track since Sonarr is only looking for “.0”

3 Likes

Thank you this this helped me as well.

sudo ln -s /usr/lib64/libmediainfo.so.17.10 /usr/lib64/libmediainfo.so.0

Confirmed this helped me aswell, running Sonarr on Fedora 26.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.