MediaCover Errors since update to 2.0.0.2788

I don’t know if anyone else has run into a similar issue, but I keep getting a MediaCover Error. Sonarr seems to be looking for Poster-250.jpg for all of my series and it’s not finding them. Also as I was typing this my Library began refreshing and I now get this error:

Couldn’t download media cover for [80379][The Big Bang Theory]: A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]

System.ArgumentException: A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Drawing.Image.get_Width () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Image:get_Width ()
at ImageResizer.ImageBuilder.BuildJob (ImageResizer.ImageJob job) [0x00000] in :0
at ImageResizer.ImageBuilder.Build (ImageResizer.ImageJob job) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaCover.ImageResizer.Resize (System.String source, System.String destination, Int32 height) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaCover.MediaCoverService.EnsureResizedCovers (NzbDrone.Core.Tv.Series series, NzbDrone.Core.MediaCover.MediaCover cover, Boolean forceResize) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaCover.MediaCoverService.EnsureCovers (NzbDrone.Core.Tv.Series series) [0x00000] in :0

All of my covers are still showing up I can even add new shows and the covers show up. Any help to resolve these errors would be much appreciated.

Which OS is Sonarr running on?
Which version of mono?

It’s on my QNAP NAS, running Mono 3.10.0

Hey azoth,

We added a feature that creates resized images to reduce bandwidth, which is especially important for mobile apps like the android app nzb360.
We built in a fallback that automatically serves the full-sized image if the resized poster is (not yet) available, which is why you’re still seeing em, but if you checked you would notice they are the full 1000px in height instead of 250px.

So the error you see is fortunately not critical, but it needs to be remedied.
The problem is caused by a missing library called ‘libgdiplus’ on your qnap install, something that would probably be best addressed by the person whom created the qnap package (which was done by someone on the qnap forum, afaik).

Btw. The same problem occurs on Fedora, which seems to be missing a symbolic link for libgdiplus.so. From what I understand that’s an issue with the libgdiplus package, which should caused the link to be created. (ldconfig)

checking in to report that this is probably also occurring on sinology platform. I’ll report this on the synocommunity, if not already taken care of.

EPIC FAIL: libgdiplus.so: libgdiplus.so

Exception
System.DllNotFoundException: libgdiplus.so
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus…cctor () [0x00000] in :0

@EvtK Tnx for reporting.

@maxrogers Could you look into the Synology package for me?

@Taloth, absolutely. I will look into syno re: this issue

I am reporting this issue on CentOS 7. I even went as far as downloading the libgdiplus from the repo and creating links to the package files. Still get the error. And since the update, 75% of my series covers are gone.

System.DllNotFoundException: /opt/mono/lib/libgdiplus.so
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

# ll /opt/mono/lib/
total 23512
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      28 Feb  4 17:29 libgdiplus.so -> /usr/local/lib/libgdiplus.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      30 Feb  4 17:29 libgdiplus.so.0 -> /usr/local/lib/libgdiplus.so.0

Getting the same on my Synology

EPIC FAIL: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus —> System.DllNotFoundException: libgdiplus.so
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Drawing.Image.InitFromStream (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Drawing.Bitmap…ctor (System.IO.Stream stream, Boolean useIcm) [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Bitmap:.ctor (System.IO.Stream,bool)
at ImageResizer.ImageBuilder.DecodeStream (System.IO.Stream s, ImageResizer.ResizeSettings settings, System.String optionalPath) [0x00000] in :0
at ImageResizer.ImageBuilder.LoadImage (System.Object source, ImageResizer.ResizeSettings settings, Boolean restoreStreamPos) [0x00000] in :0

And

EPIC FAIL: libgdiplus.so: libgdiplus.so

System.DllNotFoundException: libgdiplus.so

It’s leading to throwing a bunch of errors about not being able to find poster-250.jpg

File /usr/local/nzbdrone/var/.config/NzbDrone/MediaCover/3/poster-250.jpg not found

Part of the underlying error has been fixed in the latest release, another fix will be coming out to address another issue with it.

In the mean time, update to the latest release (2.0.0.2804 at this moment in time) and delete the MediaCover folder under Sonarr’s AppData folder.

Thank you! Deleted the folder, will watch out for next release.

I’m on a Synology and 2.0.0.2835 and have renamed, temporarily, the media cover folder and now I have a log full of not found items for the .jpg files. I’ve refreshed the library and covers are coming back but errors still persists.

Here’s a link to the missing library on the Synology forums if anyone is interested http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=96596

See MediaCover Errors fixed in 2.0.0.2850