Mark seasons as "Archived"

Hi-

It would be great to mark a Season as “Archived”, as I still have these files, but I have moved them from the original source path to an archived location.

Thanks!

1 Like

What would be the difference if you mark them unmonitored ?
Or just edit the path where you stored them ?

Very old issue, and quite a low prio, but still on the list.

The difference is that now it shows that I don’t have that season for the show…

Maybe you didnt see this?

But the files are in different locations…

Sonarr:
/videos/TV/{TV Show}

Archive:
/usbshare1/TV/{TV Show}

Fair enough but that poses the question…

Why do you pass though a Temporary Storage area for Sonarr? Why not just point Sonarr at your archive and dowload directly to there?

I run two directories…

/video/watchone/{TV Show}
/video/archive/{TV Show}

anything I want to keep permanently obviously goes into the archive directory. Any thing that I watch and then discard goes into the watch once directory.

You can point Sonarr to two different directories on a per show basis?

The reason why I have not pointed Sonarr to my archive area is because I am running low on disk space for my NAS. So in order to save space on the main partition, I have to move tv shows and seasons to an archived location (usb disk)

No

but my point is, if you are going to move something to an archive location anyway why not keep that archive permanently attached and move there directly (and then play back from that location).

Because seasons get so big, and I need to clear up space. The seasons for shows are in two different locations. That’s the only way I’ve been able to make it work with saving space on the main partition.

So, in order to move stuff to your archive you need to delete stuff from your archive?

Sounds like you are making a huge manual task of updating archived shows in sonarr for yourself if the ability to flag shows as archived is even added. But that’s your call.

My archive locations are doing okay on space. I don’t have to delete anything when I move files from the main partition.

I just need a 4 bay NAS…haha.

The keep your archive storage attached, download direct to your archive, play back from that location. No need for moving files around. No need for sonarr to flag things as “Archived”

Ehh…matter of opinion. :smirk:

Yup, but an opinion that works with the existing design of the program you want to use. Unlike your opinion, which does not.

Just to chime in. Higher bit rate files obviously have a higher risk of being affected by fragmentation.
I have a similar approach to @SpiderDice If a season reaches optimal quality it sits on the archive drives. The current season is eventually gonna be upgraded so it makes no sense to have that on an archive drive. However I very recently got around this with Directory Junctions on Windows. Symlinks may also work so it may not be limited to Windows
So the archived seasons all have junction points to the original download directory. So although “optimal quality” seasons are well organised on the archive drives the current download directory will still see those files and the earlier seasons can be unmonitored but still be visible to Sonarr (as indeed they will to Plex)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.