Mark downloads as bad when auto import fails?

I am increasingly finding that some nzb’s that are downloaded successfully actually contain a different episode to what is expected. For example Sonarr does a search for S05E10 of a series, finds a nzb, sends it to nzbget and then nzbget successfully downloads it. However when Sonarr goes to import it the filename is actually S06E21. There are other cases where this situation occurs when Sonarr cannot phrase the file name. I would rather download a new version of the file instead of manually going in to see what is happening. I want a set and forget system.

So then the process is stuck and my hard drive is filling up and Sonarr does not go searching for a new nzb to download.

Is it possible to have Sonarr mark such cases as failed, blacklist the nzb and then start the process of searching for a new nzb? and also mark the download as bad in nzbget so the files get deleted and my completed downloads folder remains organised?

At the moment I am running a command via cron to delete any file over 2 hours old in my completed downloads folder which is not a very good solution and leaves a mess in Sonarr and Nzbget(but does stop my hard drive from filling up).

So I changed the KeepHistory setting in nzbget to 1 day. So after 24 hours nzbget removes the download from its history which also triggers sonarr to removes it from its queue. This seems to be working. Is there a better way to tidy this up? I can imagine some rare situations where this would cause unintended problems.

We don’t have plans to automatically treat a download as failed because the import failed.

A failed imprt due to permissions could cause Sonarr to not import a file and if the history is cleared daily that could lead to that episode missing until another release is available.

If it was limited to files that Sonarr was unable to parse correctly would that be something that would be considered?

That should be rare as Sonarr can use the folder name (which should match the release name) during the import process, if it’s a file mismatch we leave it to the user to decide what to do, we don’t plan to treat it as failed automatically.

I posted this in another issue but it is directly relevant. link

When downloading season packs in 1080p Sonarr loves to download 1080p BluRays which are actual rips of the whole blu-ray including the many different folders and files which sonarr does not know how to auto import. For example:

Nzb name: South Park S15 1080p Blu-ray AVC TrueHD 5 1-CtrlHD

One of the many files inside this nzb:

South Park S15 1080p Blu-ray AVC TrueHD 5 1-CtrlHD/_unpack/SOUTHPARK15_DISC1/BDMV/STREAM/00017.m2ts

This is becoming increasingly common now that I prefer to download in 1080P. It wasn’t so much of a issue at 720P because all the Blurry-720P files are transcoded and processed.

That GHI would be the only way to prevent season packs, whenever it is implemented (no ETA, but it’s not actively being worked on).

Unfortunately the release name doesn’t indicate that it’s a full BR copy, so I don’t see a way to reject those, unless blocking on AVC is sufficient.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.