Manual season mapping changes (skipping XEM)

I would love to have a manual season/episode mapping option on Sonarr. As much as I think the community needs XEM I have been waiting for at least a year to try and get an account for XEM and reading previous issues with XEM it seems they can take a long time to map the corrections for shows that are not world wide or popular.

Anyway, for my issue I see the solution as a simple option in a series to manually map the season numbers up or down. The TVDB has current “The Gadget Show” season as 29, this is due to “The Gadget Show World Tour” being counted as a different show with 2 season in 2012/13.

The Gadget Show releases are currently at season 31 and have been out of alignment since 2012/2013. Hence the solution of telling Sonar to search and download season 31 and match it to season 29, all the way back to season 16.

1 Like

Have you talked to them on IRC, that is the best way to ask about an account and get them to look at corrections.

We do not have plans for local customizations.

Seems a little short sighted, XEM doesn’t seem to have great accessibility, I had to search around for a while to figure out what was wrong and then search around how to fix it with Sonarr. It wasn’t easy and took a reasonable amount of time.

Perhaps a system to log issues with seasons/episodes in Sonarr so they can be passed onto XEM.

It is not possible to create an account, and the IRC server has been down for a few months.

Could you please enable the Scene Numbering toggles, and also add a scene numbering toggle to the series editor dialog?

The IRC server is up right now. You just need to register with Nickserv on the IRC server, registration on the site is not mandatory for connecting to the IRC server.

I can’t connect to the site in Chrome or Firefox

I figured it out, the subdomain changed from irc to webchat. I just can’t figure out how to register and join #xem

https://freenode.net/kb/answer/registration

I have followed that kb, and registered. xem keeps reporting I’m not registered though.

Schmitty I admire your determination.

What was the sequence of commands that you tried?

reg only was for #xem was enabled like a year ago when freenode was under heavy spam attack but they forgot to remove it. The #xem mods now removed the restriction and you should be able to join the channel now without having to be authed to nickserv.

Thanks. This is a very big gripe I have with the mapping system. I can not download the latest episodes of American Dad automatically, because of the poor mapping XEM employs… and the Sonarr team’s reluctance to allow users to manually override it.

I will give it another try, thanks.

seems thexem mapped The Gadget Show correctly to S31 for about 3 days. Now it is back S29, but scene releases are still for S31.

Thank you to whoever tried to fix the mapping, it wasn’t me so must have been someone on here.

Hey All,

Just created an account to input on this. Personal experience at the monent is that PURELY scene numbering does not work. It’s all good to suggest getting it fixed on XEM but some major trackers (OK so one I personally am aware of at the moment which is actually built into Sonarr :stuck_out_tongue:) use TVDB numbering. Personally, I dont go anywhere else for indexers because they are strict and I can guarantee good quality grabs without any customs tags or filters. Truly set and forget.

Now while it would be great to have the same kind of capability as apps like Sickrage where you can turn off scene numbering, I believe alot of people would just be happy whether it be a manual numbering override or even the ability to put in a custom string for Interactive Search.

Edit: I could be understanding this wrong in that it might STILL search for the standard numbering. If that is the case then season pack searching may be broken, because I have one series that is listed as S01EXX but it searches for S02EXX (rightly mapped on XEM) and finds no results though I know a season pack exists for TVDB labelled S01 which contains the episode.

Regards,
XxInvictus

While I understand the reluctance of devs to change how things work at the moment. The difficulty that people have had and still have with this makes it a prime candidate for the devs to look into it.

I am not developer so simply say allow users to custom map the season number for searches is really easy to do, but to actually code it, test it, and maintain it I have no idea. So it is on my wish list, but it is not the end of the world. I will carry on manually downloading and importing as I do now. Take sthe polish off the who reason to use Sonarr, but it is better than a completely manual process.

Taking a look at how I would envisage this working though. As an example. The Gadget Show S29 is actually S31 for scene releases. Therefore adding 2 to the season number in Sonarr would fix the issue if searches then look for S31.

You would also have to disable XEM results for those seasons with custom mappings in Sonarr as when XEM do finally fix the mappings it would cause issues again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.