Manual Searches return non-specific results

As far as I understand…

Well, neither to be honest.

Everything was relying on RageID. That site went down, causing major search issues with the Newznab standard. They added new option to the Newznab standard to facilitate new types of searches.

Sonarr updated its code-base to the latest Newznab standard.
Not all indexers already fully support the latest Newznab standard.

Without the Sonarr update you would get 0 results for new shows (no rageid available) and depending if your indexer cached RIDs in it’s database would get results for existing shows.

You can always sort rejected by pressing the !-mark icon. That would place all manual search result for the wrong episode to the bottom.

1 Like

Sonarr will fallback to using q= if there aren’t any results when searching via an ID.

I queried oznzb:,5040&extended=1&apikey=…&q=Limitless&season=1&ep=5
I get only S01E05 results.

Experimental S01E06. Zero results.
Experimental S01E04. Two results, both for that specific episode.

@CBers Your earlier Limitless screenshot indicates multiple results from oznzb, yet it contradicts the query I just did myself.
Your screenshot of Experimental doesn’t include the indexers, so I don’t know which may return unexpected results.

Btw. I also tested it using a vanilla nn±dev install, no issues there either.

They were in the log.,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&q=Experimental&season=1&ep=6,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&rid=49988&season=1&ep=6,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&q=Experimental&season=1&ep=6,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&tvdbid=298831&rid=49988&tvmazeid=5869&season=1&ep=6,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&q=Experimental&season=1&ep=6,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&rid=49988&season=1&ep=6,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&q=Experimental&season=1&ep=6,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&rid=49988&season=1&ep=6,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&q=Experimental&season=1&ep=6,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&tvdbid=298831&rid=49988&season=1&ep=6,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&q=Experimental&season=1&ep=6,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&rid=49988&season=1&ep=6

That I knew, but here’s the big question: which result came from which indexer? :smiley:

The limitless screenshot was mine, and if I do a manual search on episode 5 now both of my indexers show just episode 5. The difference is that episode 5 is now available from the indexers. If they have the episode in their index then it works as expected (because the id searches return results), but if the episode isn’t in the index then sonarr falls back to using the q, season and episode search. This then causes other episodes to show up in the search. So if I go to next weeks episode of limitless and do a manual search I’ll get a bunch of other episodes in the results.

So, to use search urls, if you pass in a tvdbid and / or tvmazeid it seems to honor the season and episode. ie:,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&tvdbid=295743&tvmazeid=2473&season=1&ep=5,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&tvdbid=295743&season=1&ep=5,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&tvmazeid=2473&season=1&ep=5

Those all work, where as if you use q=Limitless instead of one of those ids then it seems to ignore the season and episode and return a search of just limitless:,5040&extended=1&apikey=&offset=0&limit=100&q=Limitless&season=1&ep=5

Does that make sense?

Does this help:

Do you get any results for Experimental episode 6? If you do a manual search on a previous episode that your indexer has episodes of does it just show results for that episode? I’m finding for my indexers that when this happens it means that the episode I searched for isn’t available yet.

I don’t use Sonarr in these tests, I hit the api directly, so during those tests I’m not affected by tvdbid/rid/tvmazeid searches, I do purely q=…&season=…&ep=… searches on the api.

My point is, that earlier post (yours, not CBers, sry about that) indicated that oznzb was also returning unrelated results, but now (a mere 16h later) it doesn’t, at least for me. Not for ep=6 either. (Which could indicate that oz fixed something in that short a time)

If nzbndx still returns unrelated results, then the indexer incorrectly ignores season= ep= when q= is supplied.
Same goes for the other indexers, I simply could only test oznzb from the list.

Sorry, I miss understood you. You’re correct, it appears that oznzb has fixed this issue. Hitting oznzb directly with a q search respects the season and ep and doing a manual search in sonarr for episode 6 only includes results from nzbndx. I have already emailed the admin for nzbndx and let him know of this issue and he said he’s look into it.

As a side node, oznzb apparently isn’t fixed for every search. This one still returns episodes other than 4:,5040&extended=1&offset=0&limit=100&q=Grandfathered&season=1&ep=4&apikey=

I’m having the exact same issue with OZnzb, it’s showing me the results for every episode in the series instead of just the specific episode. I use DOGnzb, NZBGeek, NZBPlanet, OMGWTFNZBS, and OZnzb, but OZnzb is the only indexer that’s giving me this problem. Hopefully they get this resolved soon.

I already have another thread open on this, but wanted to add to this one since it has more comments I too am having the same problem with OZNZB. Sometimes it returns just what I want and other times I get 15 pages of results for every season and episode and I have to dig for the one I want.

I don’t think it’s restricted to OzNZB, as I see the problem from multiple sources.

I disabled OzNZB earlier and still had issues.

I see this issue with AltHUB as well. My other indexers seem to be ok.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.