Manual search wrong seasons but search in hydra ok?

Sonarr version (Version
2.0.0.5338)
:
Mono version (6.4.0.198):
Ubuntu Bionic:
pastebin post manual search:
I have a show that all episodes of a season are released on the air date. Sonarr accepted and downloaded only 2 of the episodes of the released season. I then do a manual search in Sonarr and the results, which number 33, include results that are the correct show but can include all previous seasons/episodes not just the season searched for. Searching directly in NZBhydra using The Man in the High Castle : S04E03 yields correct results of only the correct season and episode(incidentally removing the colon yields even more correct results) .My hypothesis would be that too many extraneous results are being presented to Sonarr for some reason and it rejects them(incorrect season and episode). I cant figure out why these extraneous results are appearing and cant see in the debug log what phrase Sonarr is actually using to search NZBhydra with. Manually searching in NZBhydra seems to produce pertinent and downloadable results. Maybe somebody more knowledgable can parse the logs and tell me how to fix this? As an aside I cant seem to bring up the two episodes that Sonarr did find and DL when doing a manual search? I would expect that clicking on the auto search prioritization or rejected columns would bring the selected download to the top but it doesnt? I’m just dealing with torrents here if that is pertinent. Thanks for your patience. I’m ready to give more info if necessary**:

That’s earlier in the debug log.

It’ll have the NZB Hydra URL before it then q=term, but first it will do an ID based search that will only fall back to a title search if it yields no results.

Ya I’m trying to learn from the other similar threads that you have answered many times and I think I found it. Thanks for your patience(i did try searching the forum for similar but that post was very old)
19-11-16 redacted|Debug|Torznab|Downloading Feed http://192.168.1.38:5075/nzbhydra/torznab/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100&tvdbid=295829&rid=34577&tvmazeid=1804&season=4&ep=2

and pasting this in the browser with my api key will present the results i think is what you mentioned in the other threads. This part here &offset=0&limit=100&tvdbid=295829&rid=34577&tvmazeid=1804&season=4&ep=2 I’m thinking is supposed to identify the episode but nzbhydra is returning extraneous results with that string? So its more complicated than just a simple search for exampleshow : s04e02 although it will fall back to this method. So is there something I would change in Sonarr,Nzbhydra or Jackett to help this. Right now I only get 33 results returned season packs and wrong episodes so I cannot even manually select a download?

Those are the TVDB, TV Rage (now dead) and TV Maze IDs for those episodes.

If that search returned 0 results then it would fall back, but since you’re seeing results (even if they don’t make sense) then it’s not going to return anything else.

My understanding is NZB Hydra would just pass those IDs along directly to the indexer and return the results when all the indexers respond. If you’re getting weird results the indexer is likely to blame.

Try bypassing NZBHydra and going straight to the indexer(s) and see what you get for results.

Can you do a search on a public indexer for a tvbid through a web search or through Jackett? No doubt your right. Just googling about this brings up a bunch of requests for people to select the fall back option of file name instead of tvdbid or tvmazeid to be passed on by SONARR instead. Is this in the current release or was there some reason to not implement it besides the many requests, limited coders situation that I totally sympathize with.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.