Make it possible to pick the smallest NZB when there are multiple files of the same quality profile

My title pretty much states it all. I really wish there was a way to have sonarr automatically choose the smallest 720p release available. Somtimes there are some 720p releases that are way too big for me (>2GB/30min). I’m kinda limited on disk space as I’m sure others are as well, so this would really be a great feature if you could add it. I’m not very well acquainted with the inner-workings of the program, but I would assume it wouldn’t be too difficult to add a feature like this. Right now I’m pretty sure sonarr decides which file to download by the age of the NZB, but I’m not totally sure. If not, could you tell me what sonarr’s method of deciding which NZB to pick happens to be? Does it just pick the first result of the API query?

Also, if you were to do something like this, I could see it being possible to make it so you could download the largest file size for the quality profile as well. Not sure if that is something anyone would want, but I’m sure it would cater to SOMEONES needs somewhere.

Thanks devs for considering my request and for making a totally awesome application! Keep up the good work!!

The full order is here: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/blob/develop/src/NzbDrone.Core/DecisionEngine/DownloadDecisionComparer.cs#L24

You are correct that age comes before size, but releases are grouped when compared by age, so a 1000 day release and a 1001 day release should be the same.

We don’t have plans to make the order configurable or to prefer based on a specific size. The best thing to do would be make sure the size limits for each quality are set as you want, which can weed out the 2GB/30 min releases.

Not really what you are looking for but I’d restrict it to WEB-DL 720p and not a TV rip or bluray rip.

Why? Because WEB-DLs are in a smaller bitrate as they are released for streaming over the Internet in the first place.

I know it’s not what you are looking for but maybe it will help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.