Make directory / folder location clickable

I have the following feature request.
At the page of a show the buttons to Trakt, The TVDB, IMDB and TV Maze are clickable.
Can you make ‘the directory location’-button of where the show is stored on your hard disk also clickable so it opens a ‘This computer’ screen with that directory / folder open?

Kind regards,
Gradenko

if I remember correctly some one else asked something like this before,
I believe the response was something what the use of it was and it isn’t a mediaplayer/browser.

Can’t find the link that fat but when i find it I will add the link here

Thanks. I searched for folder and directory but came up empty.

i find myself wanting to go from Sonarr to the show’s hard disk folder quite often. It would really speed things up and for Sonarr it’ll be just one line of code (probably).

Just curious what for ?
If explained why it could make it easier to come to a anser if it’s really needed for a program like Sonarr.
The links to the information sites gives you information about the serie so that’s a real use.

Well I have about 80 series in Sonarr wich makes for a lot of folders in the sonarr directory.
So I consider my sonarr directory the ‘incomplete seasons’-directory.
Whenever a series has a full season I move the files to a ‘to watch’ folder.
After I watched the season it will go to storage (via external hard disk to my brother).

Other options are not viable as I don’t keep the seasons I have watched.
Therefore of those 80 folders a lot are empty and some have incomplete seasons.
Terrible to remember which has what.

That’s why when a season is complete I want to go to that folder.
Also, sometimes I want to check if all the files are there.

Watching the episodes are done from ‘this computer’, so I can rename the subs and just dubbelclick files. The files for which the subs are renamed I’ve seen.
I find that easier than starting VLC and then browse for the files. Then I have to have all subs already renamed but then I don’t know which ones I have seen already. (And no, I don’t use Trackt and am not gonna)

For your situation it would be a “one line code” change (not really, but ok, the meaning is “pretty simple” and there I agree).
However, there are so many situations that would be difficult to handle, require lots of code, testing, …

Files and sonarr are installed on one machine, you’re opening the sonarr interface from another. Now what?
Files are on you NAS, sonarr on your local machine.
Multiple machine setup with different operating systems. How to determine the path to open? Does the other machine even have access to the share? Is there a share?
People accessing sonarr from outside their local network. All the fun of firewalls, VPN, port forwarding, …

Settings > Media Management > (enable Advanced Settings) > Delete Empty Folders should help a little…

Thanks for the tip/hint and the informative answer!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.