Local Sonarr + Seedbox, help with post processing

Hi All,

I’ve recently moved some of my automation client side (was previously on a seedbox) and would like to improve my post processing…process.

My automated workflow is:

1. Sonarr (with jackett for indexxers) on a local unRaid
  2. Controls deluge torrent client on a remote seedbox
  3. Deluge downloads the files to a folder on the seedbox watched by BTSync (resilio)
  4. An instance of BTSync (resilio) on the UnRaid box pulls the files into an “Inbox” folder located on the UnRaid server
  5. A script running on UnRaid watches the inbox folder and when files are no longer in flight it kicks off filebot
  6. Filebot moves the files into my Plex media folder (also on the UnRaid box), sanitizes names, adds art etc.
  7. PlexMS updates it’s library and the shows are accessible on my Nvidia shield Plex client

What I’d like to clean up is the BTSync / Filebot bit. Sonarr is watching the same inbox as Filebot, but is unable to see/move the files into my media library. I would love to replace Filebot with Sonarr functionality, even if I can’t replace BTSync (resilio).

I have Sonarr / Deluge set up with categories (labels). I have Sonarr configured (in docker) to look at the “inbox” folder for /data. I have my target media folder set. However, Sonarr never touches the files that wind up in the inbox.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Rob

Hi All,

Alternatively, if there is something I can add to my FileBot bash script to force Sonarr to scan / refresh the library after it moves files that would be really helpful.

So it would look something like:

BtSync to “inbox” folder -> FileBot to media Directory -> Instruct Sonarr that download is complete (scan destination directory)

Best,
Rob

Did you configured a remote path mapping in sonarr? (At Download client settings with advanced settings enabled).

If deluge downloads your sonarr shows at /home/user/completed/shows in your seedbox then your remote path mapping should be that path and the local path should be /data.

When sonarr finds a show in /data folder, then will import and copy/move it to the folder you specified at the show’s settings.

The drawback is, unless you stop seeding after the download ends, you should not move/modify the files in inbox folder, because I think that would trigger btsync to download the same file again.

Instead, you might need to set sonarr to copy with hardlink to the show’s folder.
Because you are using docker, to get hardlink working, the show folder should be in the same bind mount as your /data. If you have two differents bind mounts (one for /data and other for /shows) the hardlink wont work and sonarr will be copying files. Might not be a big problem if you have a lot storage, I only have 2tbs so thats crucial.

If you didn’t understood something just ask me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.