Linux - Issue with UNC paths?

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4472
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu1.1)
((Debug logs)): http://pastebin.com/gRdiSG01
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

I recently have attempted to move my windows sonarr install over to one of my linux machines. The install itself went fine, and the application runs without issues. I’m currently trying to replace my windows paths in the database with the new mounted paths on the linux machine and having some issues of it not recognizing the /directory/structure

Old setup:
Sonarr running on windows machine -> Directories are on a networked linux server (not the one now running sonarr) -> paths exist as \server\share.

New Setup:
Sonarr running on Ubuntu machine -> Directories are mounted in /media/directoryname

The attached error comes up when I try to do much of anything with the new paths, be it changing a directory of a show or trying to scan the location for an existing one

You need mono 3.10 or higher, or you will have issues.

Are you trying to restore the database from Windows on the Ubuntu machine? If so you’ll need either manually update the paths in the DB (SQLite) or start from scratch. Sonarr doesn’t support migrating databases between operating systems.

Hey Markus, thanks for the quick response :slight_smile:

I had previously copied the database over and aside from the paths it seemed to work ok, so I figured once I got my old permissions issues sorted out (since fixed) I would be good to go, appears not haha.

I’ll tear it down, upgrade to mono 3.10 (man that versioning scheme is messed up, if its gonna be double digits it should start at .01!) reinstall sonarr and give it a shot from scratch on the Ubuntu system.

Thanks for the assist! I’ll post back if there’s any trouble with the new one.

J5

It’s not a decimal system (like currency), it’s a series of numbers separated by a period. Sonarr’s number uses the same system (except it’s all in the 4th number, not one in the middle), you really never know how many releases you’re going to have and 3.2 makes much more sense than 3.002 if you might end up with 100+ builds).

OK finished upgrading mono, reinstalling Sonarr and re-adding all my paths. Everything is now working perfectly! Thanks so much for the quick help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.