KICKSTARTER to add movie support to Sonarr

Please consider opening kickstarter eg take special donations and set plan how much is minimum to add movie support to sonarr.

The application is awesome and the only thing its lacking is movie support so we could get rid of other unreliable apps like CouchPotato.

You guys deserve tons of credit & money for this awesome app and why not get some with movie support.

4 Likes

I 2nd this! Sonarr is such a great app and works wonders. Couchpotato once was a great piece of software but has since been dated. Sonarr give couch a run for the money!

We have no interest in a kickstarter or any fundraising campaign. If people want to donate to for what Sonarr already offers great, but taking money for future work isn’t something we’re going to do in the foreseeable future.

As mentioned here previously:

This would be very interesting, having movie support in Sonarr, as I love the Sonarr interface.

But I could see things getting real clunky with movies in there, unless it was given an entirely seperate set of settings and I could see that weighing down Sonarr.

Couchpotato is fine, sometimes it takes a while for the suggestions and whatnot to load but it’s perfectly functional. Personally I prefer keeping movies and TV separated.

If anyone is interested, NZBgeek.info (a usenet search engine) has a movie seek feature built into it and can be used instead of couchpotato to find movies automatically.

So yeah having movies in Sonarr would be really cool but I can’t see it ever happening, sounds like a lot of work and I could see it causing a lot of problems.

Take a look at https://radarr.video/

1 Like

wow! i didn’t realize you guys was so much ready with the app. can’t wait to try it!

To bad radarr and sonarr are not merged into same app :slight_smile:

Will still try it though - Couch Potato is good but could be so much better.

The fact that Radarr uses the RSS instead of searching already makes it 1000x better.

I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and it is da bomb. Even with the limited features!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.