Kickass Torrents

As KAT has been brought down are their any plans to add more torrent indexers. I have tried jacket but the searches are not great …is this the end of SONARR for torrents and poss lose a massive number of users??

1 Like

Wouldn’t say the end of torrents for sonarr, it’s unclear what impact this will have on other sites but in the meantime rarbg (with search) / extratorrents (rss only) are still up and running and will have most of the releases.

However some release group were KAT exclusive (4K / HEVC ones for instance) so they will need a new home as the community was awesome there, it was to be expected to go down at some point considering how popular it had become but have no doubt that something will take its place once this cools down a bit.

a new Kickass.la is up and running but I cant seem to get it to connect on Sonar is there something I need to do ?
I get the following error when I click test same with other indexers,

Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details

Sounds like it doesn’t have an RSS feed. Another site was available yesterday which had an RSS feed, but it was misconfigured and wouldn’t work with Sonarr.

Its fake dont use it, see torrentfreak

Don’t use any of em, just wait it out for a few weeks and use alternatives in the meanwhile. Seriously.

KAT being shut down probably isn’t going to make a massive impact on sonarr. I suspect most users that use torrents only will diversify, use private sites coupled with Jackett. KAT was a great resource but its demise was inevitable unfortunately.

Problem with jacket is that most of there indexers are private and dont accept any more invites… they are full … unless there is a way to put your own indexer like pirate bay etc into jacket

There is a new Kickass running but it does not work with Sonarr, at least yet.
https ://kat.am/
This one does not look to be fake but I guess it “could” be. It was kind of officially announced on "The Verge"

I’d consider any kat clone right now highly suspect (virus downloads, malware ads, run by feds, …) so I’m gonna sit this one out a bit longer for now.

Torrents were a backup for me anyway (go usenet, or do we still not talk about it as per rule #1? :smile:)

There is a new Kickass running but it does not work with Sonarr, at least yet.
https ://kat.am/3
This one does not look to be fake but I guess it “could” be. It was kind of officially announced on "The Verge"

[/quote]

clone do not use KICKASSTORRENTS MIRRORS AND IMPOSTERS SPRING INTO ACTION

is there any alt to KAT that is working? I tried to connect skowrss.info also wont connect to sonar so looking for something that is working,

They have a new address http ://dxtorrent.com but I cannot setup the indexer.
Log says “Unable to connect to indexer: Root element is missing.”

nope, this is another clone for click-baits. Do not use these clones, you can see that they have 7 days to upload stuff and old downloads don’t work. Avoid sites like that. It is too soon for a new valid KAT site to come up.

Torrentleech and privatehd are both having open invites now

1 Like

thank you !

Are there are reason why kickass.mx cant be used instead of the old setup, it seems legit to me? By the way Sonarr is great, thanks!

It either doesn’t implement the RSS feed or it’s implementing it incorrectly. It’s very likely a fake though.

Guys, enough.

Don’t mention alternative kickass domains, they are useless. If you think it’s ‘legit’, IT IS NOT. They’re not official, they don’t have rss or search capability, and what they have is outdated.
Most, if not all, are fake proxies, old mirrors, scammers etc. Call em what you want. They are utterly useless for Sonarr.
Feel free to use em outside of Sonarr, but do so at your own peril.

Mentioning sites like these forces us to respond and moderate to prevent other readers from falling for scams.

For that reason I’ll be closing this thread. Once the sawdust clears in a month or so I may revisit this decision.

3 Likes