Jackett + Mvgroup for BBC documentaries

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5085
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

So has anyone gotten this to work yet?
Would love to automate these… I’ve followed jackett’s instructions for both mvgroup main and mvgroup forum and yet it still can’t find any results for bbc shows…
Looking briefly in the forums they aren’t in standard thetvdb naming formats though… e,g BBC.The.Truth.About.Killer.Dinosaurs.1of2.XviD.AC3.www.mvgroup.org.avi
instead of BBC Documentaries SXXEXX The.Truth.About.Killer.Dinosaurs
could this be the cause?

It needs a global naming pattern for BBC on the front of the name, but they don’t seem to want to add it. I started this thread a while back:

I also posted in the naming thread a couple of years ago.

Edit: Just created a new Jackett issue to see if an option can be added to strip BBC from the front. Add a comment on Github as the more support the more likely somebody will add it:

Well that was fast… The next version of Jackett will have an option to strip BBC from the front which will make everything match with Sonarr:

1 Like

Awesome,
So just by adding mvgroup forum and mvgroup main indexers and then sonarr will grab bbc documentaries?

too bad sometimes there are single shows that dont belong to the huge series such as BBC documentaries, it makes grabbing them a bit difficult…

Btw… any possibilty that this issue could be fixed from jackett side as well?

If you tick the box to strip BBC off the front when it’s there, they’ll match with Sonarr yeah (as it will be an identical match to TheTVDB).

I’d start a separate thread for this one.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.