[Jackett] Additional torrent trackers for Sonarr

I did this and when I run it I get this. jackett start/running, process 2753
But I can’t get into the webinterface? using myip:9117 its not working.
I am however using the latest release 0.50 but that shouldn’t matter should it?

v0.4.3 was the last working version for me on a RPI2.
Getting {“Message”:“An error has occurred.”} errors now running JacketConsole.exe (with the old Jacket.exe it worked).

System.Web.Http.Action: ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor ExecuteAsync Invoking action 'Dashboard()'
07-27 15:07:50 Error ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor ExecuteAsync
System.Web.Http.Action: ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor ExecuteAsync
07-27 15:07:50 Error ApiControllerActionInvoker InvokeActionAsync
System.Web.Http.Action: ApiControllerActionInvoker InvokeActionAsync
07-27 15:07:50 Error AdminController ExecuteAsync

I just upgraded this morning, and after having to tunnel into my home system (Ubuntue 14.04) so that I could fake a local login, and having to manually use localmachine:port/index.html I can at least see the set up. But every indexer I try to set up I get:

“result”:“error”,“error”:“Error getting response stream (ReadDone1): ReceiveFailure”

BTW, if I just do localmachine:port I get all kinds of xml in plain text. :confused:

EDIT: Forgot it doesn’t like greaterthan signs. :frowning:

Torrentday not working here. Running 5.1 on a docker image:
https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/sdesbure/arch-jackett/

On my synology.

Sounds like you didn’t uninstall the old version. Are you trying to run two versions at the same time? I would recommend stopping the service (If you are on windows) and running JackettConole and see what it says.

I ran in alot of permission problems when I tried that on my synology how did you get around them?

Your the first person i have heard of with permissions issues Fly, perhaps your file system permissions are wrong?

We have released v0.6 with lots of changes:

Jackett used to require root permissions (artifact of needing it on Windows), it no longer does.

I’m using it with docker. Permission problems aren’t just related to your program. Thats just how docker works I tried doing some research but to be honest its way above my linux/unix skills.

not to hijack this thread, but using sonarr + flexget will basically give you access to any tracker easily.

Flexget looks cool, but it appears to interface with Sonarr quite differently than Jackett, and the two apps don’t really appear to be solving the same problem.

I’m also not so sure about the claim “access to any tracker” https://github.com/Flexget/Flexget/tree/develop/flexget/plugins
Jackett’s claim to that ability (although still a lie) is a lot more accurate :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not familiar with Jacket’s capabilities but I can tell that Flexget can parse pretty much any input type you can throw at it.

Flexget is very versatile with RSS feeds, and it can really access basically any tracker to download from the RSS feeds, but able to do search only for few (look at Searchers plugins). And it lacks a webui (which is not necessary a must).
Sonarr with Jackett is awesome, it can do search on private trackers, and also use RSS feed. In terms of post processing, Flexget is very powerful.

To me, Sonarr makes sense with Jackett, then it really does a great job.

Its certainly very powerful and configurable but I wouldn’t go as far as saying easy due to its complexity, having no UI and having to edit YAML files directly. It does look a little jack of all trades and master of none, the fact that the Utorrent plugin can’t handle cookies for example is a big issue which will prevent many private sites from working until it does support that.

There is a Newznab plugin so you could have Flexget use Jackett in theory presuming the plugin can handle getting torrents instead of nzb files. As Jackett handles the cookie stuff for you that would mean the utorrent issue I mentioned above and perhaps others would be solved for you.

Anyone manage to get Jackett fully working on a Synology? I was never able to get the some of the trackers to work (morethan, tpb, etc.) and now that version 6.0 for mono depends on curl, it doesn’t work at all for me. It seems like there are problems with the version of curl available for Synology NAS. I was able to set up a chroot environment to get it to work, but I was hoping to not have to go that route because it seems like an overly complicated way of getting Jackett to work. I’m just hoping that someone with a little more skill than I manages to come up with a solution (or maybe already has).

Maybe a similar issue as with RARBG, where the application wants the 64-bits libcurl instead of the available 32-bit.

Continuing the discussion from Setting up rarbg as an indexer?:

Yes I believe that’s the same issue. I looked at the thread. If I understand the thread correctly, @Dr_Bean is working on a fix. Hopefully this is something that could be easily implemented to get Jackett working on Syno’s too.

The way I read it, the fix in the thread I referred is not in the mono package, but in sonarr package. If that’s the case, it would not affect the Jackett operation.

On github:

Why on earth would you use utorrent today?

That’s correct, but we can reuse the same approach for Jackett :wink: So, for people running Jackett on a x86-64bit Synology model, update to the latest SynoCommunity Sonarr package. Then, as a workaround, run this command to start Jackett:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/nzbdrone/lib /usr/local/mono/bin/mono /your_jackett_folder_location/JackettConsole.exe.
This piggybacks on the libcurl library that was added with the recent Sonarr package update.

I was planning on packaging Jackett for Synology, but currently, things are changing a bit too much for my taste. Once things stabilize (around a 1.0 version, I assume), I’ll probably have a package up fairly quickly.

2 Likes