Issues with The Terror Series

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5338
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

The Terror is listed in Sonarr with the name ‘The Terror (2018)’ however it is not named this (with the year) on any torrent sites so Sonarr is failing to download season two episodes because it is using the wrong search string (it is using the year 2018 in the title).

I further proved this by downloading an episode manually and then doing a manual important in Sonarr on the file and Sonarr says it is an unknown series, however when I add ‘(2018)’ in the filename and do a manual import again it recognises it and imports the episode.

I have made sure my indexers are working properly by doing the search for the terror from the indexer and it finds it fine, but when I use the search string sonar is using of course it doesn’t find it.

Search string sonarr is using (From Sonarr Log) = [The Terror (2018) : S02E04]

The correct search string would be = [The Terror : S02E04]

How can I get Sonarr to not have the year in the series title for this show or to use the correct search string?

you cant change it yourself, you can ask for an alias to be added though (one that doesnt contain the year) but it looks like that may have already been done as mine has been downloading this series from the first day without any issues from torrents without the year in them?

there is a 2016 series called the terror so i doubt you want those episodes being downloaded instead of the 2018 ones should someone re-upload those (deliberately to annoy, or for an actual valid reason).

actually it looks like the 2018 year was only recently added, s02e04 has ended up named with the year in it (none of my older eps have that), but it still downloaded it from a non year file. maybe just give it some time to settle down and try again?

Yeah it is only a recent change because the first couple of episodes for season 2 downloaded fine (with no year) but the rest aren’t since the year was added to the title.

Looks like someone has fixed it cos the year has disappeared from the title now and it can download the episodes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.