Is this the best way of configuring Sonarr with a remote rtorrent client?

So i think I have things working as i’d ideally like, but it’s a bit clunky and I’m curious if this is the best way of configuring sonarr with a remote rtorrent client on a seedbox.

Searching and downloading is fine, everything is in it’s separate folder correctly labelled in rtorrent. To allow sonarr to import the episodes into my local library i used curlftpfs to mount the folder the torrents are on locally and set that as the drone factory folder. Of course sonarr then moved rather than copied the files and now i need to re download them to keep seeding. So I’ve changed that mounting to read-only so that shouldn’t happen.

My concern now is that it’ll start copying over incomplete downloads as soon as it detects the files, or does it know to check with the torrent client and not import them until they’re completed?

Is there a better way of doing this?

Yup, that’s exactly what it does :frowning:

I can’t set remote path mappings because it endlessly throws the error ‘Download paths must be absolute’…if i set them relative, the download works but then sonarr never picks it up because ‘Download paths must be absolute’. If i configure them as absolute, then it won’t download anything and i still get the error ‘Download paths must be absolute’. Can anyone point me to or share an example configuration?

Why can’t you set an absolute path to the download?
Or the issue is rTorrent is reporting a relative path?

I had set an absolute path, but still get the error. it worked with absolute or relative paths, but wasn’t picking up the downloaded files and threw the error regardless of which i used. i had a brief play around with other absolute paths and it seems to work but throw the error whatever i set.

I think it’s fixed now. I took out the directory setting entirely and i’ve put a new sshfs link and a new remote path mapping and it appears to be working okay, though it’s creating quite a spike every minute when it checks the folder so i may see if using ftpfs smooths that or if i have to reduce how frequently it checks the status. I don’t see any way of putting a pause on either that or any transfers in progress so i’ll see how it goes for a few weeks.

thanks for responding, always appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m using a remote rtorrent client and it works perfectly.

Use the rtorrent download client and remote path mappings. There’s no need to setup a mount if the sonarr box can reach the seedbox share.

with that setup it’ll always copy the torrents and not move them. It also won’t try to check every minute and only when the download is actually done because it can see the progress of the torrent.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.