Is there a way to ignore release groups by name?

I did a search on this and couldn’t find it. Basically I’m curious if NZBDrone can ignore releases from certain groups. For example, I didn’t realize that I hadn’t unmonitored season 1 of Ground Floor. I had all the season downloaded in 480 and hadn’t watched them yet. Well this morning this crap group 20-40 released season 1 in “480” as they claim, but the episodes are crap as is everything they release, with poor audio and ok video. Now this is my fault for not unmonitoring that season but still it would be nice if there were a way to ignore releases with 20-40 in the release name. So does something like that exist? I looked through the settings but couldn’t find anything on it.

Settings > Indexers > Release Restrictions. Make sure to turn on advanced settings, otherwise this option will be hidden.
Add everything you want to ignore there, one item per line.

1 Like

Ahh thank you. I didn’t scroll down on that page far enough to see that one. That should work perfectly, thanks!

I think that’s a very generic blacklist though, so possibly you want to avoid adding groups like Dimension to that, considering that would possibly cause some false positives for any release with “Dimension” in the title. I think better white- and blacklisting is still planned for a future release.

@Jasonbm76 If you haven’t already, also configure a recyclebin folder, that’s where those poor demoted episode files go, which helps you to retrieve the old files without downloading them again.

3 Likes

You know I was wondering if there were an option to not have files be permanently deleted. Never even looked at that setting and now feel like a dummy. Thanks for the tip @Taloth