Is Quick Import broken?

Some programmes, I have to download from non-torrent sources, so I have to do a Manual Import with the files. In most cases, the filename is similar to what I see on the torrented programmes, and if I click on Interactive Import the episode is selected for import with the correct programme name and series/episode numbers filled in, so all I need to do is click the Import button. So I would expect that if I clicked on Quick Import, Sonarr would detect that same information and import the file without difficulty. But IME, Quick Import never actually imports anything. Am I missing something, or does it just not work?

Here is the relevant section of the debug log:

20-2-28 19:18:37.0|Debug|Parser|Parsing string 'Incoming'
20-2-28 19:18:37.0|Debug|Parser|Unable to parse Incoming
20-2-28 19:18:37.0|Debug|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Unknown Series Incoming
20-2-28 19:18:37.0|Debug|DownloadedEpisodesCommandService|Failed to import
20-2-28 19:18:37.1|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/command: 200.OK (0 ms)

“Incoming” is the name of the folder I am trying to import files from. If I do an Interactive Import, the log still says “Unable to parse Incoming”, but then goes on to scan the folder and find the file(s).

Quick import uses the selected folder name and doesn’t try to parse everything under it if it doesn’t parse to a series, if the download has it’s own job folder that should be selected.

So if I understand, if/when I want to import an episode via Quick Import, that episode has to be in its own series folder and that’s the folder I have to select in the Manual Import dialog? I can’t just use one generic import folder for everything, the way I can with Interactive Import? If that’s the case, I don’t really see the point of Quick Import; frankly it sounds like Interactive Import is quicker.

Doesn’t have to be a series folder, but something with the series title, most commonly it’d be in a folder named similar/the same as the file inside (a “job” folder).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.