Interval of Sonarr's search for "cutoff unmet" episodes

SAB is trimming file names down to a certain limit, which means Sonarr can’t get the quality from the filename, only the file extension. If you download to a shorter path, C:\Downloads instead of the current path then you can disable the trimming and it won’t trip Sonarr up.

Of course! Why didn’t I notice that. I configured SAB to make the folder_max_length be 50 only (instead of the default of 128) because it was also having problems with CouchPotato. I’ll move my main download folder anyway and let Sonarr and CouchPotato take care of the tidying of things.

Will restarting Sonarr (or restarting the whole computer) initiate an RSS sync again?

No, just run the RSS Sync again.

How do you do that? Manually searching for all wanted episodes?

Just press the RSS Sync button on the series list page or run it from System: Tasks.

Would that be the same as searching for all wanted episodes?

Are RSS feeds fed on a daily basis? Does that mean that every RSS Sync will only have episodes for a single day? If so, it isn’t the same as searching for all “cutoff unmet” or “missing” wanted episodes then.

No, not the same at all. Searching asks for a particular episode (searching for all missing does a search for each missing episode), RSS just watches to see if a wanted episode appears and then will grab it.

They are typically updated every 15 minutes (depends on the indexer) and contain the last 100 items (in most cases), so you’re only ever going to see the last 100 items, if it takes a day to roll over 100 you get a full days worth, but typically it rolls over in a few hours.

Got it. Why isn’t there a button to search all cutoff unmet episodes though? I have 10 pages of cutoff unmet episodes and I have to tick the box on the upper left corner for every page to search them all.

Because we didn’t see a need to add it, not sure if we will as we’re not really fond of search all missing either (it can be heavy on indexers as it needs to make potentially thousands of API calls).

Ok then, fair enough. Thanks.

Is there a way to configure a maximum-time to keep searching for a quality (cutoff unmet) upgrade?

There is no maximum: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#how-does-sonarr-find-episodes

Let me pitch my case:
I watch most episodes downloaded within ~1 week.
After that, it’s a waste of bandwidth and diskspace to download a higher resolution.

Would it be hard to add an option to the “quality profile” that specifies a max time to search for quality upgrades?

(And while wishing, in a dreamworld there would be integrations into plex/xbmc/trakt(?), and the ability to stop quality-upgrades for watched episodes… Hehe I sound just like my clients at work :P)

Its not whether its hard or not, its whether it provides meaningful value to people and I don’t see a lot of value with this, inevitably you’ll have releases just outside of the cutoff that are missed and it will bring up questions and it seems like option bloat when we could do it right and base it off of watched status.

This has been requested and something we’re considering:

Okay!

I fixed it myself, now I just have to figure out if it’s possible to keep my own fork, with my changes, updated with your releases. No idea how much headache that will cause.

Really like your codebase!
Thanks for your time/input! :slight_smile:

I hope I choosed the best approach by adding a DecisionSpecification?
(and yeah, I check against the file date, not the air date)

I would like to see this implemented if possible.

Just moved from Sickbeard to Sonarr and have a lot of historic episodes that I’m not particularly bothered about obtaining higher quality versions for, or would want it to check just because of the sheer number of episodes. More recent downloads though, definitely.

Option could be a drop down on the Cutoff - 1 Month| 3 Months | 6 Months| Current Season?

First post - so Hi!

Vorm.

@vorm For previous/historic seasons/episodes, I guess it’s as simple as setting them to “monitored = off”

Good point, and it looks like I have forced this when I imported the series across from Sickbeard.