Initial character for Series folder

Hi!

I’m a relatively new user of your software, but after having sorted my libaray by hand for years I already love everything about it. As my library of tv shows is quite large, there’s still something I’m missing I had while sorting the library by hand, so I hope you will consider putting it in one of the next updates.

I currently have well over 1000 shows in my library and I’m looking for a way to sort the shows into subdirectories within the root directory. At the moment Sonarr puts all shows directly into the libary’s root so whenever I open that directory through cifs/smb there’s quite a bit of waiting time until I can see the content.

Please allow the series to be sorted into subdirectories. The initial character of the series’ names would be an ideal name for such subdirectories. Thereby one would have 26 sub-dirs [A-Z] wherein the actual series reside. Should be a minor patch to allow the “Series Folder Format” to be edited that way within the settings screen…

It looks like we have this filed already:

Doesn’t seem like that field already exists. The feature request you linkes is over a year old, still open and not assigned to anybody.

The reasoning of the original request is quit a bit strange as the program already has the concept of different root folders to deal with different file systems. Perhaps that’s why nobody felt the need to act on the feature request…

There are issues open for longer than that… it’s not assigned to anyone because no one has picked it up. Sonarr is an open source project that we work on in our spare time, things get done when we have time or if someone else picks them up…

I actually like this too, so that I could do genre distinctions.

Not a priority, but a nice ‘when you get to it’ feature.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.