Indexing via jacket no longer working with all

Sonarr version (exact version): Sonarr Ver. 2.0.0.5250
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/nhVtPeuc
Description of issue:
Was working, stopped working. Unable to test or use jackett anymore. I am able to use jackett running on another computer using a single entry… Connecting to a single entry fails as well on the same instance. . i have not tried anything, as this WAS working previously. Jackett is working perfectly.

please advise, and if you see other things to clean up, by all means…
Thank you.

Something Jackett is returning is invalid, I’m not sure exactly what the issue is from the logs, trace logs may give a bit more information if it’s still an issue and wasn’t fixed by the affected item not being returned any more.

Note: doing the SAME test on Radarr to Jacket is Successful! So that narrows this down to Sonarr.

New log using “test” from the app with trace logging. https://pastebin.com/7Wk0KVwD

Again, I get this even when selecting a single indexer. Maybe it is a particular indexer I am picking? no idea man, I need some help in direction.

On Jacket side, I am seeing similar message in debug logs:

2018-09-17 15:14:25.9189 Debug Error while parsing DateTime "Sep 16, 2018", using layout "2006-01-02T15:04:05Z" (yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ): String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. 
2018-09-17 15:14:26.0000 Debug Error while parsing DateTime "Sep 16, 2018", using layout "2006-01-02T15:04:05Z" (yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ): String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. 
2018-09-17 15:14:26.0869 Debug Error while parsing DateTime "Sep 16, 2018", using layout "2006-01-02T15:04:05Z" (yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ): String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. 
2018-09-17 15:14:26.1660 Debug Error while parsing DateTime "Sep 16, 2018", using layout "2006-01-02T15:04:05Z" (yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ): String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. 
2018-09-17 15:14:26.3496 Info Found 1000 (884 new) releases from AggregateSearch 
2018-09-17 15:14:26.7636 Error System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
   at System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute..ctor(XName name, Object value)
   at Jackett.Common.Models.ResultPage.<ToXml>b__13_0(ReleaseInfo r)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.AddContentSkipNotify(Object content)
   at Jackett.Common.Models.ResultPage.ToXml(Uri selfAtom)
   at Jackett.Server.Controllers.ResultsController.<Torznab>d__18.MoveNext() System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
   at System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute..ctor(XName name, Object value)
   at Jackett.Common.Models.ResultPage.<ToXml>b__13_0(ReleaseInfo r)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at Jackett.Common.Models.ResultPage.ToXml(Uri selfAtom)
   at Jackett.Server.Controllers.ResultsController.<Torznab>d__18.MoveNext()
2018-09-17 15:14:26.8447 Info Executed action method Jackett.Server.Controllers.ResultsController.Torznab (JackettConsole), returned result Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ContentResult in 18168.7199ms. 
2018-09-17 15:14:26.9248 Info Executing ContentResult with HTTP Response ContentType of application/xml; charset=utf-8 
2018-09-17 15:14:27.0087 Info Executed action Jackett.Server.Controllers.ResultsController.Torznab (JackettConsole) in 18432.1128ms 
2018-09-17 15:14:27.0917 Info Request finished in 18719.3034ms 200 application/xml; charset=utf-8

Have you tried a different indexer through Jackett in Sonarr?

Sonarr vs Radarr could easily be explained by different categories or a different indexer.

PS Format your logs, or better yet post them and link them here.

“Have you tried a different indexer through Jackett in Sonarr?” … Have I tried an alternate to jackett? No, I have Jacket setup on another computer that is not on VPN so that zoogle will work, and that one still works with my sonarr… Have I tried connecting to an index server via the same jacket, yes - that fails. But this jacket install works with radarr. Yes the categories are different. I did try removing all sonarr’s categories except 5000, but that test still failed. Again, TESTING the connection fails (that is what is captured in logs) as well as trying to use the index (logs errors in sonarr app.)

EDIT: I have also used duckyTV using the SAME config parms to connect to jackett that is successfully pulling results.
I added all en-US indexers to the 2nd computer not on VPN, and Sonarr is showing success, even with the categories copied over. I am not sure if the VPN combined with Jacket is causing results sonarr can’t handle, or there is another related issue, but this gets me back up and working. I am NOT happy with this config, but it is better than whatever was broken with recent updates. I am hoping this opens up ideas for you what else to check/test to see what is going on… -end edit

RE: PS Format your logs, or better yet post them and link them here.

• For pasteBin / pasting here, what Syntax should I be selecting? IO?
    what is the easiest way to accomplish conversion locally in windows? notepad+++ after finding a template that works with each log type or am I making this too complicated? sorry, teach me to fish… Can you point me to a post that will school me on these particulars? I’ve been too embarrassed to ask after spending hours every time I post a question here looking for these answers…

I updated jackett to Version 0.10.198.0 same issue

If you didn’t add all the indexers, one of the ones you didn’t add would deserve a deeper look.

Nothing changed with how Sonarr would connect Jackett recently. It’s been 4+ months.

For pasteBin / pasting here, what Syntax should I be selecting? IO?

It doesn’t really matter, but none is probably best, the logs aren’t in one of those syntaxes.

what is the easiest way to accomplish conversion locally in windows? notepad+++ after finding a template that works with each log type or am I making this too complicated?

Just copy paste it, it’s just text. You’re over thinking it.

Found the issue: Adding this Index causes Sonarr to fail

It should not had been added. So My problem is solved, but you have something to investigate or let me know how I can assist.

By the way:
Knowing nothing changed was what I needed to keep diving in my config as the answer, so thanks!

You asked to format my logs… I am asking how to do that - as I WANT to know how to format them so I can read them easier. Like the code pasted above that is now color coded etc…
I am on Windows, what should I be using to read the logs so they are formatted for easy scanning? I used notpad+++ in the past, but lost the custom config file for LOG files I used to use. Before that, I used Microsoft’s SMS (SCCM) log file viewer that was also able to display files that were open for write access in windows, it formatted/color-coded etc. damn I miss that tool!

any help is much appreciated… I want to use it with this and about twenty other tools log files I use

Blockquote

You asked to format my logs… I am asking how to do that

I meant when you post them in the thread, format them so they take up less space and are visually different using ``` as shown here (Block code formatting).

You don’t need to format the logs in any other way (and we wouldn’t want that anyways, since the format remains consistent).

1 Like

@markus101 thank you for training this old dog!

I might regret saying this, but I don’t recall reading this in the welcome /faq or whatever when I first joined. Can this be added, or did I just miss this, and if so where so I can make sure I didn’t miss other nuggets?

Cheers! !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.