Importing series imports all season folders as Season 1

Sonarr version:
Mono version:
OS: Truenas Scale
Debug logs: sonarr.debug.txt · GitHub
(Only around 200 lines long. I created this by turning on debug logging, importing the series, and then throwing the log into this gist)

Description of issue:
When importing an existing series from disk, such as Mob Psycho 100, all seasons are imported as Season 1.

My directory tree is as follows:

├───Mob Psycho 100
│   ├───Season 1
│   ├───Season 2
│   └───Season 3
│           [SubsPlease] Mob Psycho 100 S3 - 01 (1080p) [5A493522].mkv
│           [SubsPlease] Mob Psycho 100 S3 - 02 (1080p) [153A0BE2].mkv
│           [SubsPlease] Mob Psycho 100 S3 - 03 (1080p) [7BF82E1E].mkv
│           [SubsPlease] Mob Psycho 100 S3 - 04 (1080p) [495161CB].mkv
│           [SubsPlease] Mob Psycho 100 S3 - 05 (1080p) [F27350CA].mkv

My settings for the Library Import:
Monitor: Only Latest Season
Quality Profile: HD-1080p
Series Type: Anime
Season Folder [Checked]

Then, when I go to the series after it imports, Season 3 has 0 items
Season 2 has 0 items
Season 1 has 5 items. They are the 5 items in the season 3 folder.

Under Settings → Media Management
My “Season Folder Format” setting is set to the default
Season {season}

What am I doing wrong when importing? Why doesn’t it recognize that if I put stuff into the season 3 folder it should be picked up as season 3?

Some extra tests I performed:
I deleted episode 5 from season 3 and clicked the search button from the series page and it successfully downloaded and moved the item to the correct season 3 folder. It also showed up in the season 3 section correctly. Everything works exactly as intended when I make sonarr fetch the items itself. Then after deleting the series and re-importing it, everything is seen as season 1 again.

I also tested using Season {season:00} and Season {season:0} in my settings.

This issue also used to happen to me while I was using Truenas Core which runs on FreeBSD so It’s likely me misunderstanding configuration or it’s due to the nature of my files and directory structures.

Sorry I didn’t add photos. Every time I add a photo to this edit window I get the following error:

The bucket you are attempting to access must be addressed using the specified endpoint. Please send all future requests to this endpoint.

I can add photos to imgur and link if you need more info.

In my experience, anime can be a bit fussy, especially if there is also XEM mapping involved.
Either try renaming your season folders eg. Mob Psycho 100 Season 3, and/or change the episode naming to S0#E0#, or manually correct the mapping prior to import (IIRC you should be presented with this option, but I’m not going to test to confirm)

Within the series folder Sonarr expects naming to match TVDB naming, so either SxxEyy or the continuing absolute episode number. To make matters worse right now these files are being parsed as absolute episode 100, instead of the actual episode number, though that’s more of a concern with grabbing new releases at this time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.