Import without Drone Factory [unraid docker]

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4928
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.0.1.1
OS: unRAID server Docker (latest from https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/sonarr/)
Description of issue: Essentially “Drone Factory is deprecated and should not be used”…

Files, when downloaded via NZBGet 19.1 will not import into the desired folders that have been working flawlessly since sonarr used to be called NzbDrone.

Is there any practical guides to automate this via nzbget or something?? I would hate to find bunch of released episodes and the drone factory completely removed.

Thanks!

I’m assuming you’re using a separate Sonarr and NzbGet docker, you’ll have to list the volume mounts used.

Oh yes, of course, I forgot to mention that. All virtual docker containers, no VM’s/physical boxes for my needs.

Sonarr:

Volume Mappings (App to Host) 
/dev/rtc <->  /dev/rtc
/tv <->  /mnt/user/media/tv/
/downloads <-> /mnt/user/downloads/tv/
/config <-> /mnt/user/appdata/Sonarr

NzbGet

Volume Mappings (App to Host) 
/downloads <-> /mnt/user/downloads/
/config <-> /mnt/user/appdata/NZBGet

Settings inside of nzbget for TV:

_Category name._
TV
_Destination directory for this category._
/downloads/tv/

Thanks

Ideal would be to map /downloads the same on both containers.

For example:

Sonarr: /downloads/tv <-> /mnt/user/downloads/tv/
NzbGet: /downloads    <-> /mnt/user/downloads/
or
Sonarr: /downloads    <-> /mnt/user/downloads/
NzbGet: /downloads    <-> /mnt/user/downloads/

Alternatively you can setup a Remote Path Mapping so Sonarr is aware of the different mapping.

Sadly, this didn’t seem to import the movies. @Taltoth I appreciate the help, would you know if the drone folder could just be hidden in the advance view of sonarr? This way I can keep it working as a docker container and all will be great in the future.

Thanks

It is an advanced option, but it will be removed completely in v3.

So what error do you get now? Does the downloads appear in Activity->Queue? If so, do they have a yellow icon in front? If so, hover over it, what’s the error?

I re-read my post, I was not paying attention to what I typing. Sonarr and Radarr are set up the same way since the drone factory has been solid, i am working on both at the moment… However since the feature is going away completely, I will dry my tears and try to get it working as its intended.

I had to manually import a couple shows that downloaded to the root of my download share, outside of the TV share i have.

Perhaps it could be file permissions on those directories? this is current as of a few minutes from posting this

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/tv/(unpacked folders of show names)

If you cant tell, im kinda at a loss if i am actually do things correctly with the docker containers.

Also, thanks again for the continued support.

What is the volume mapping you use atm? Based on that error message Sonarr still can’t see proper path.

Can you run docker exec {sonarr containername/id} ls -al /downloads/tv That should run the ls command inside the container and show you what Sonarr can probably see.
(Review the docker documentation for exec to see how you can run an interactive shell)

Volume mappings for sonarr:

/downloads <–> /mnt/user/downloads/tv/

Volume mappings for nzbget:

/downloads <–> /mnt/user/downloads/

Nzbget is setup to filter the paths to where the media type can be found easily. So movies/tv/soft/etc/ go to their desired network shares on the server.

The code ran on the unraid server via putty.

This is what I get for the code you provded
(docker exec 977e6a198696 ls -al /downloads/tv/):

root@prime-nas:~# docker exec 977e6a198696 ls -al /downloads/tv
ls: cannot access ‘/downloads/tv’: No such file or directory

When I change it to this (docker exec 977e6a198696 ls -al /downloads)

total 12
drwxrwxrwx 1 abc users 42 Aug 7 21:04 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 230 Aug 7 18:46 …
-rw-rw-rw- 1 abc users 4096 Dec 12 2016 ._.DS_Store
-rw-rw-rw- 1 abc users 6148 Aug 7 21:04 .DS_Store

Hope this helps understand my setup.

In this reply earlier, I suggested you to modify the chosen volume mounts. The purpose of that suggestion was to make sure that the path from the sonarr and nzbget containers’ perspective are the same.
It’s not the only solution, but it is the best.

Your reply was that ‘Sadly, this didn’t seem to import the movies.’, which I erroneously interpreted as if you had implemented the suggestion.

You will either need to adjust the volume mounts or define a remote path mapping so that Sonarr is aware of the difference is paths.

@Taloth thanks again for all the help, sorry to cause some frustrations with my previous replies.

I got this working as it’s intended to be working, I re-read your posts when I wasn’t mentally tired… I was used to the old ways of processing into separate folders for the media downloaded via the sickbeard days.

I deleted the NZBget’s category for TV and stuck the downloads path to the location for the docker containers. I think the category that would throw the files into a separate TV only folder, was screwing the processing up.

Volume mappings for sonarr:

/downloads <–> /mnt/user/downloads-all/

Volume mappings for nzbget:

/downloads <–> /mnt/user/downloads-all/

All that is required is that the volume mount/mapping should be the same for both containers, which you have now done.

You can still use a category, if you want, since the sub folder will be the same for both containers. (In fact using a category is preferred since it provides better separation between downloads grabbed by Sonarr vs other apps/manual.)

Just tested the category inside of nzbget and it’s now working. I really was not thinking correctly before, after this cup of coffee, I re-read the posts again and now understand what you were telling me to do.

Thanks for the help.

Nicely done, I’m glad it’s all worked out now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.