Import without Drone Factory [iflicks]

@Taloth I’ve moved my question to a separate topic as suggested as my user case doesn’t have any problems with unrar. I’m not sure what you mean by:

Why not simply keep Completed Download Handling enabled, assuming you provide the downloadClientID in the API command, it should be properly handled. And that way you can see which downloads have not yet been imported.

My setup is fairly simple now, even without the use of the Drone Factory. I use Sonarr to send the request to SABNZBD, once the download has completed, iFlicks grabs the file, transcodes it to m4v and then once its finished iFlicks calls the Sonarr API, which then sorts the file.

I’ve tried various SAB post processing scripts, but none come close to iFlicks. My one annoyance now is that I have a health check warning because I’m not using Complete Download or the Drone Factory, so can the warning be turned off.

If it can’t be turned off then I will have to live with it, but its just annoying to use the API to get rid of the Drone Factory warning, only to have this one appear in its place.

I’d prefer not to turn it off, because I want to warn users about not having set up anything (although I suppose in v3 we’ll get rid of it entirely since there’s only one option then).
However we have an idea of adding an option to the Completed Download Handling section of the Settings where you can select the type of logic you’re using. “External” would be enough to make Sonarr shut up, but still show items that haven’t been imported. But gotta think about that a bit more and discuss it with @markus101.
Does that sound good?

In the other thread I asked if you included the downloadClientId in the API. I’d still like to know that since that affects the above proposal.

As a workaround in the meanwhile you could enable CDH and use Remote Path Mapping to point it at an empty directory. That will prevent CDH from importing anything, but it will still track the downloads and show them in the queue till iFlicks transcodes and gets them imported.

Sounds good on the new setting and I’ll give the remote path mapping idea a go tomorrow, to see if it’s a good workaround.

Can you give some more info on the downloadclientid. I saw that in the docs, but didn’t understand how I could make that fit into my setup as I’ve got no way of getting the ID passed to iflicks, so it can include it in the api call, or am I missing something.

The ‘downloadClientId’ is the ID Sonarr associates with the download, for sabnzbd it’s the ‘nzoid’, for torrent it’s the infohash. Sonarr uses it to correlate imports with ‘grabs’.
But sounds to me like you don’t have that available in the call to iFlicks.

I tried your idea with the Remote Path Mapping, but unfortunately it went pear shape. I don’t know if this is an issue, but I use the Sorting features of SAB to unpack a show and remove the folder, so I end up with files in a folder called ‘TV Extracted’ which can contain multiple individual files (show). This is where iFlicks picks up the files from.

When I set the Path Mapping and switched on CDH and tested it, Sonarr still moved/sorted the file and deleted the root folder ‘TV Extracted’. Not sure if this is what you were expecting. I assumed Sonarr would not move the file? so that iFlicks could process it.

Is there something I need to change in SAB?

That’s weird, coz afaik Sonarr complains if you have Sorting enabled. I don’t know how you did the Remote Path Mapping, but the idea was to map it to some empty dir so Sonarr wouldn’t import/delete anything. So I suspect the mapping was wrong.

Its definitely turned on in SAB because I use this Sort String “%dn.%ext”. All I did was on the Download Client settings I added a map (bottom of the page) and then flipped the switch for CDH and pressed Save. It didn’t warn me of anything.?

Do you have an example of what should be in the port mappings, I was expecting Sonarr to complain if the format was wrong for Host, Remote Path and Local Path.

If Sonarr knew how you should map it then it could do so automatically :slight_smile:

Host = Host you specified in Settings->Download Client->Sabznbd->Host.
Remote Path = path that Sabznbd puts the stuff in.
Local Path = how Sonarr sees it, but in your case just an empty dummy directory some where.

But at this point it’s probably easier to just ignore the warning for a while.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.