Import without Drone Factory [Hyper-V container (torrent download vm]

I am really struggling to find documentation on getting an alternative setup for my use case.

Currently I have the sonarr client (as well as plex) running on my host Windows Server 2016 machine and then run a hyper-v container with qbitorrent and my vpn always on. The only way I can see to allow this to work properly is to have the drone factory folder scan regularly. Completed donwload handling doesnt work for remote machines.

Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated

From the health check [wiki page] (https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Health-Checks#drone-factory):

If the download client is on a remote machine, consider using remote mounts in combination with Settings->Download Clients->Remote Path Mapping to make Sonarr aware of the mount.

It does work, but not out of the box. You need to setup a remote path mapping to map the path qBit reports (remote path) to a path Sonarr can access (local path).

I am not sure that the remote path mapping is the right solution here. I attached a photo of the setup because I am terrible at explaining things but I will try below as well.

• The Host Machine has plex, data (in a folder shared with the network), and sonarr on it.
  • The Hyper-V has downloader and then data drive mapped to it
    • Data gets downloaded and effectively saved directly to host machine via mapped drive

Unless the path that Qbit torrent saves files to is accessible (exactly as presented by qbit) to Sonarr then you need one.

Unless I’m missing something that you haven’t explained a remote path mapping should work, why do you think it won’t work?

Where does qbit save the files (what is the full path)?
Where can Sonarr see those same files on disk, locally (before they are imported by Sonarr)?

It’s pretty much the same case as Setup Complete Download Handling With Synology and Remote Torrent

Ah I see I was just totally not understanding the remote path mappings system properly. Thank you guys this really helped.

• Host = The Host IP for the Download Client in this case qBitorrent
  • Remote Path = The path Qbitorrent sees in my case it’s the mapped network drive - Z:\Downloaded\
  • Local Path = The local path aka the shared drive on the machine that houses my data D:\Downloads\Downloaded\
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.