Import not working without Drone Factory [local uTorrent]

why oh why are you removing the drone option??? i go to work come home everything is downloaded and added to my tv show folders nice and automatically for when i get home to watch. tried disabling the drone and what a complete joke trying to add shows to my tv folder when i have downloaded about 20 episodes in a day. so much fooking around!!! when i choose the auto add option nothing gets added. im sticking with the drone, and when you get rid of it completely ill be going back to sickrage!! simple as that. i have no idea how to make sonarr auto whatever you call it im not that crash hot when it comes to making sonarr auto add stuff to my folders. the drone just works and its worked well for a couple of years now. all you are going to do is make your faithfull users who arnt that bright with pcs find an alternative and leave you guys. seems stupid to me. guess my sonarr days are close to an end. way to go guys!

1 Like

looked into the manual import a bit more. the auto import option doesnt import anything even if its an episode i dont have a copy of yet. just doesnt import anything at all. all you have effectively done is make it so now i have to go thru all of my downloaded shows and tick the ones i want added? cheers now i have a new hobby ticking boxes. the drone option used to check the quality of my downloads and if i downloaded a better copy of a particular episode it would upgrad the tv folder with that episode. seems like i have to open each folder and check the quality then go back to sonarr and tick the episode if its a better copy them click import. the drone would do that all for me and it worked flawlessly. i used to just open the download folder and delete everything in there because i knew sonarr left the crappy copies behind so it was safe to empty the download folder from time to time. either im missing somthing or really stupid, because your choice to remove the drone seems to me to be illogical.

can you guys please add an option to prevent sonarr from auto updating to the latest version, or tell me how to do it so i can keep version 2.-------- the last verison 2 before the new 3.0 it works flawlessly and i love the drone. id rather not go back to another client but i will if i have to.
cheers for all the hard work you guys do with sonarr
Mick :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I moved the topic since your problem does not sound like .rar related.

First off: I have to say that you should not panic, it’s a deprecation warning, and in the other thread we already mentioned how and when we plan to actually remove it, TL;DR is: it won’t happen automatically. We’ve also explained why the Drone Factory should not be used. (btw, this reddit post details why Drone Factory gives us headaches and should be avoided) But lets move on to your particular issue.

The ‘Manual Import’ stuff is only for the rare, incidental situation where the user needs to import something arbitrary. It’s not supposed to be part of the normal workflow. So no worries, we’re not expecting you to check boxes 20 times a day. :smiley:
I’ll see if I can make the Wiki entry a bit more obvious about this, so to avoid other people from having an minor heart attack.

The Automatic import (Completed Download Handling) should work in most cases out of the box, but depends on your architecture.
Can you explain how you’re workflow is set up? Windows/Linux/NAS/BSD jails/Docker/Seedbox? Is Sonarr and the download client running on the same machine? Which download client?

Once I have an idea of how your setup is, then I can give you more effective advice.

Cheers. im running win 7 64 and i use sonarr alongside utorrent, i use an older version of utorrent that i customized so it is NOT the latest version. the 2 program’s are on the same machine, the files get shifted to nas units automatically with sonarr with no issues when using the dron factory.

I admit, that’s pretty awesome. What did you customize? Curious, coz older uTorrent versions didn’t have the appropriate api fields for Sonarr to handle it. But if you can customize it, then I’m pretty sure you can get that working just like a newer utorrent version.

What are you using in Sonarr? the UTorrent api or Blackhole?

I’d suggest to enable Trace level logs, at that level Sonarr logs the api response from Utorrent. Find a release that doesn’t import, and look at that api response. Then post the relevant part here.

uTorrent uses a Json Array instead of a Json Object. Sonarr translates the Array to an object here: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/blob/develop/src/NzbDrone.Core/Download/Clients/uTorrent/UTorrentTorrent.cs

The relevant part is the RootDownloadPath, which is missing on earlier uTorrent versions. But it might also be an different Status, preventing Sonarr from seeing that it finished downloading, so just post the entire raw json array and I’ll take a look.

i didnt fiddle with the code or anything in utorrent, i just tweaked the hell out of it and removed all the adverts and stuff like that. im not sure if my version has api, im using 3.4.2 beta. i am using the black hole option. there is an option to run a program when a torrent finishes or when a torrent changes state but i have not used that option as it would run sonarr everytime a non tv show torrent finished like mp3’s or movies or doccos. maybe i need to start using another torrent program ? i just dont like bloatware in my programs or programs that spy on you so to speak hahaha

i must say when i tried the manual import that’s when it wouldn’t move anything. im wondering if it was because the particular episode was sd instead of 720p. so it wouldn’t move it? were as the drone will move the file no matter what it is as long as the copy that maybe in the destination folder is not 720p which is my preferd quality.? if there IS a copy in 720p in the destination folder drone will not replace the better copy with the lower quality copy which is good. then every few days i just delete the unwanted crap from the download folder. im sure its something on my end and not sonar’s fault. probably the older version of utorrent or something stupid like that. what torrent program do you guys recommend these days ? i tend to stick with what has worked for me and don’t really try newer stuff. i hate breaking stuff if it just works.
cheers for taking the time to respond to my messegers.

3.4 isn’t that old and should work fine, Sonarr supports anything above 3.0. I thought you were using the old but proven 2.2.x (before ut got bloated).
You’ll have to enable the webui, which is just a checkbox somewhere in the utorrent settings iirc.

After that the ‘UTorrent’ client instead of Blackhole. Use a new label as ‘category’ in sonarr to filter out any other stuff (and old stuff, otherwise sonarr might try to reimport).

If that’s configured, it should be able to start downloading new torrent and import them. Btw. You can also have seeding ratio rules on uTorrent, and once the seeding has finished Sonarr will tell the client to remove the torrent.

Regarding your second post:

If there is a quality difference that’s preventing Sonarr from importing, then that should appear as a yellow icon in the table of Activity->Queue. Feedback is something that the Drone Factory doesn’t do.

It’s always possible that Sonarr can’t parse something, but it should be the exception rather than the rule.

I generally don’t ‘recommend’ torrent clients coz it’s so much personal preference. I use Deluge on my linux server, works quite well for me, but other people can’t get it to work properly.

i had alternate port ticked in the ut settings with a different port number in the port field. maybe that was the issue, will do some testing and get back to you.

Alternative port is fine, in fact it’s probably better (because the connection port can be randomized)… as long as the same port is configured in Sonarr.

thank you for your help i think it must have been the alternate port option in utorrent, it was set to another number then the port in sonarr. it appears to be working at the moment. i do appreciate all of the time and effort you put in to putting me on the right path :wink: your awesome!

You’re welcome, of course. This is exactly the reason why we put up the warning in the first place, to get people on the right path.
And this will serve as a useful guide for anyone else with a similar setup. :slight_smile:

hi taloth. its been a couple of days and i must say that your auto import is nowhere near as good as the drone factory. i am actually having to import manually about half of the shows i get. i have no idea why. sonarr auto adds them to utorrent and when they are downloaded sonarr is only moving half of the stuff it gets. i dont get it. drone worked fine every-time, in fact i only had a couple of instances in the last couple of years were i had to manually move a show. so i guess the issue remains. im seriously thinking of re-enabling drone if this continues. maybe you should leave drone in as a hidden option and just make sure you leave a comment bubble saying if you use this feature there is no support for it. lol

Don’t give up yet. There are a few possible causes.

Do you have utorrent configured to delete finished seeding items? (Dunno if utorrent has such an option)
Secondly,items that aren’t being imported, do they show up in Activity->queue and are they still in utorrent? If it’s visible in activity->queue does it have a yellow icon in front?

drone factory used to remove the torrent from utorrent and move it over while allso renaming the episode. now sonarr adds shows to utorrent they download to the correct show download folder but then half of them just stay there and sonarr just has a red window in calender as if i havnt even downloaded them. so sonarr is not moving them to there correct tv show folder on my other nas. let alone renaming them and updating sonarrs calender window. do you think i should try stopping seeding in utorrent? ill set it to 0 seeding and see what happends. i wasnt really wanting to be a sole leecher lol
btw no yellow icon in front

I didn’t mean you have to set it to no seeding, Sonarr can handle seeding torrents, I just wanted to be sure that the torrent wasn’t removed from uTorrent before Sonarr has a chance to import it.

Can you give an example of a download that isn’t being imported? It’s Release Name as visible in uTorrent and the uTorrent Label. Also check the Episode History for Sonarr for that download, it should show a relevant ‘grab’ event.

poldark is one of the shows not moving over correctly and allso shows that have words like www.Torrenting.com - It.Takes.a.Killer.S01E35.480p.x264-mSD or [ www.torrenting.com ] - Big.Easy.Motors.S01E06.The.Wild.One.480p.x264-mSD or [ www.torrenting.com ] - Spartan.Ultimate.Team.Challenge.S01E06.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta they dont seem to shift over correctly were drone factory used to work all the time. soz for the late reply had a few issues with windows and utorrent crashing. all sorted now. so i am having to just rename the shows coming down the line with www. or other crap before the actual name of the show. also i am just checking the manual import everyday for the exclamation marks just to manually import which is very annoying as it seems you guys are so determined to remove drone factory. i hate having to do everything manually as this was the whole idea of moving to sonarr. if i get sick of doing this ill reuse sickbeard as it wasnt a bad program either. didn’t really have any issues with that program. sonarr was a little better but this manually rechecking shit all the time can get annoying when certain people have over 150 shows they download. for example of course. also drone factory used to remove the shows from utoernt automatically were as without using the drone everything stays in utorent which is annoying.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.