Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: again

Topic title says it all. None of the other threads on this topic seemed to suggest a solution.

When I first installed Sonarr I had permissions issues, which I got worked out. Initial downloads seemed to be processed normally after that, several downloads were added to my media folder including a tv series which got processed to the right folder.

Overnight, Sonarr updated to the latest version automagically.

Now I get that error, even though as far as I can tell, the path is open to Sonarr.

Sonarr is running as user ‘sonarr’ on my system, FreeBSD 11 Release P1 running in a jail on Nas4Free v11.0.0.4.

The sonarr user is a member of the ‘mediausers’ group which has read/write access all the way to the incomplete folder.

I’m stumped, must be missing something obvious.

Paul

We need some basic information

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)

Sonarr version 2.0.0.4645

Mono version 4.6.2

dropbox link to debug log:

What about the actual job folder Sonarr is reporting the error for?
What is the output of ls -l/mnt/media/complete/incomplete`?

.rtf is a terrible format for log files, please use a simple text file next time.

Should be read/write/execute access to Owner: Group, read-only everyone else.

dropbox link to ls -l output:

With the masking you’ve done to the output I have no idea if the files or folders in the logs are in the ls output, but the permissions of the files in the output do look fine.

What file system is that on? EXT4, XFS, etc?

The file system is zfs but it’s located on a mount outside of the jail. The file system is exported into the jail, which may have something to do with the issue but I haven’t been able to find any relateddiscussions on FreeBSD or Nas4Free forums.

I’m going to try giving the complete/incomplete directories wide open permissions (777) and see what happens.

What masking are you referring to? The xxxxxxxx’s in place of the TV episode names? I didn’t think that would be relevant.

Odd. before I made any changes, a TV episode had downloaded and was processed, ending up in the right folder.

The error messages continue about every minute, and the error message on the processed TV show was:

Unable to apply permissions to: /mnt/media/TVShows/iZombie/iZombie - 03x12 - Looking for Mr. Goodbrain (1).mkv: Error setting file permissions: EPERM

Before I saw the error message I had already changed permissions to 777 on the episode (chmod -R 777)

Will report back when the next episode of something downloads.

You’ll see that if you’re trying to set permissions on files that aren’t allowed (changing the owner being the most common) via the settings in media management:

OK, I set the Set Permissions button to No. Got rid of the error message but the processing problems continue.

So, I changed the Sabnzbd downloads folders back to the default settings which means the Downloads folder is now at /usr/local/sabnzbd

Sonarr is a member of the _sabnzbd user group, _sabnzbd is the owner and group for all of the directories in the path.

This puts Sonarr’s targets on the host side of the file system (within the jail environment).

Now I’m getting this message again:

Test was aborted due to an error: Cannot combine OsPaths of different platforms (’’ + ‘Downloads/complete’)

Which is why I changed the download directories to the imported file system in the first place.

So I’m back where I started.

Another question: How does Sonarr know where to look to process downloads? When I changed the location of the Sabnzbd download directories Sonarr continued to look in the old location (/mnt/media/complete/incomplete).

It doesn’t seem to be a user setting.

Well, installed the latest update (2.0.0.4753 and the error message in the last post went away.

Back to permissions issues.

It gets it from the download client. If you change the path it only changes it for future downloads, so any existing downloads will still be pointed at the old location.

Sonarr is running under the user you’re expecting it to?
I’m not sure what else to check/suggest as it does look like a permissions issue.

The Sonarr service is running under the user sonarr. Sabnzbd is running in a similar manner under the user=_sabnzbd and group = _sabnzbd. I made the sonarr user a member of the _sabnzbd group.

I’ll fiddle around with settings and see if anything happens. I suspect it has something to do with the imported file systems used with a jail.

Would it be worthwhile to post this on the irc channel?

Thanks for your time.

Paul

You might be able to catch someone there using Sonarr and jails, that could help further, but you’d likely need to hang out for a while to get a response. Certainly worth a try.

This is baffling.

After spending many hours trying to get Sonarr to process two files initially downloaded (right after Sonarr install) and failing, new episodes since I re-jiggered the file structure (yesterday) seem to have downloaded/processed normally.

Sonar is still unable to manually process the two original files, which returns the error message at 9/12.

Solved. Finally. I’m an idiot.

The final folder in the path, TVShows, did not give write access to Sonarr.

I guess I missed the obvious because it wasn’t in the error message, but I should have checked it anyway.

Must only the last folder in a path need to be writable or must the entire chain?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.