Import failed, path does not exist (not Docker)

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5287
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/F4uwc8rt
Description of issue: Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: T:\SDownloads\Complete\sonarr\The.Goldbergs.2013.S06E08.The.Living.Room.A.100.True.Story.720p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb

Hi all, I’m a bit stumped with this issue. My old NAS died so I replaced it with a Synology. I set all folder shares back like before and created user accounts and permissions.

T:\ is a mapped drive pointing to \192.168.100.120\p2p\utorrent. It is mapped using the Synology admin account in Windows Credentials Manager.

Testing:

• I tested by mapping the T:\ drive using an account with full read/write permissions. That failed so I remapped the drive to use the Synology admin account, that still does not work.
  • Downloads are performed by SAB. It’s Temp folder is (T:\Temp) and Completed folder is (T:\SDownloads\Complete) SAB writes to these folders without issue.
  • The exact path mentioned in the debug log DOES exist. I can browse to it from Windows Explorer by copying and pasting the path from the debug log. For some reason Sonarr is not accessing the file inside the folder.
  • The nzbDrone service is running as the local Windows admin account (it is not named admin).

Thoughts?

Have you read the FAQ? Specifically the entry on mapped network drives?

Make sure you also try not running as a service. Using a different user may work, but services don’t support mapped network drives, so it’s just chance that it does.

Hi Markus, the FAQ was my first stop.
The nzbDrone service is running as the local Windows admin account, not as the SYSTEM account.

I will try running it from the Startup folder next, I’m trying to pin down if this is a permission issue because the exact configuration worked perfectly on my old NAS. This leads me to believe it’s permissions.

I think my next step in testing will to grant full read/write to anonymous connections/guest connection to that T:\ drive and see if that makes a difference.

Looks like using the Shortcuts in the Windows Startup folder is working fine. I’m going to keep playing around and see if I can’t get it working again like it was before, running the services as a windows account.

services arent supposed to have network mapped drives, and their environment will not contain them unless you specifically add them.

theres a couple of ways of doing that here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/182750/map-a-network-drive-to-be-used-by-a-service

or google windows service mapped drive

If I get the question correctly then you (basically, it boils down to) can’t use the mapped network drive (e.g. d:, e: etc) but need to use the share name in \server-ip-or-name\sharename\foldername format. Had to do that myself for my 2nd sonarr instance with runs on a windows machine at home. As @rhom says, the services accounts don’t like the mapped drives.

Thank you all for the feedback. @Rhom, that was a very interesting and informative read, thanks! I’m going to stick with the Startup shortcuts for now, but perhaps down the road I will try a powershell wrapper to map the drive and start the service.