Import failed noob problem but can't find the solution

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5054
Sonarr running in Docker on: 17.05.0-0348
((Debug logs)): https://pastebin.com/AyHfrTbD
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:
Hello guys !

Sorry in advance to post that kind of common problem but I can’t figuring out what I’m doing wrong.
Sonarr is running in a container in DSM. I can send a request to my indexer in an other container, Jacket, and send that to my download client, download station. Once the download is complete the renaming failed. I have this message:
Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/Download/Series/Vikings.S04E20.720p.HDTV.x264-SVA[eztv].mkv
Close

Even if the file has RWX for user and group…
I’m super stuck , I would appreciate a little help :smile:

Thank you in advance

SOLUTION:
When you’re creating the container in docker. You create a mapping between /localpathinyoursynoforcompleteddownloads and /downloads. It is not sufficient it misses /volume1/ in front of /localpathinyoursynoforcompleteddownloads. To complete this you need to add this path. To do that you want to go to Settings => Download Client at the bottom of the page Remote Path Mappings.
Host: local IP of your nas
Remote Path: /volume1/localpathinyoursynoforcompleteddownloads/
Local Path: /downloads/

1 Like

This exact path exists? or a similar one? Based on the error, either the path the download client reports is not accessible by Sonarr because of permissions or it doesn’t exist.

Which download client? is it running in another container?
When you say container do you mean a docker container or a Synology plugin?

If either is docker, what are the path mappings for one/both containers?

Thank you for helping!

Yes this path exist when I am in my admin session I can see:

My download client is Download Station a Synology app based on transmission if I remember well.
The sonarr server is in a docker container. There is a docker app available in synology OS. But the download client is not in a container. It is an app in synology OS.

Those are my settings for my container. And I don’t any path mapping in my settings in sonarr.

That’s the issue, your download client reports /Volume1/Download/Series but Sonarr can’t see that path because it doesn’t exist in the container, it exists as /downloads. Either the paths need to match or you need a remote path mapping in Sonarrto translate the remote path (the one with /Volume1) to the local path (/downloads). The host needs to match the Host field of the download client in Sonarr’s settings.

Thank you !
It works. I was thinking because in my container I defined the path between /download and /Download/Series it was ok for sonarr but apparently the missing /volume1/ was the problem.

I’m going to edit my first post with the solution !

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

After 1H30 without understanding what happened you provided the correct answer

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.