If u cant get low quality, take higher, better then nothing

Hi,
i would like an option like, if u cant get low quality, take high quality instead, because higher quality is better as nothing.

I dont want all downloads in 1080 or higher, because it takes too much hd space, but if some episodes are in higher quality, because sd quality is not there anymore, this would be perfect.

Thanks.

just rearrange the qualities (the three horizontal stripes at the end are a drag bar) in the profile so that the 480’s are at the top, then the 720’s then the 1080’s, set the cutoff to one of the 480/SD variants

it might occasionally download a 720 or 1080 version but will download an SD version over the top of it if one turns up

my SD profile is like that but i only go to 720 as i dont want 1080 at all for those

Im not quite sure how you mean.

i have it now like this

[X]1080
[X]720 <- cutoff
[X]460

So you mean? Like the does it prio top or down?

How does this listing work?

profiles are top down, the higher up a quality is in the list the “better” it is. so if 480 is ordered to be “better” than 720 then sonarr will download a 480 version if it sees one even though it may have previously downloaded a 720 version.

the way you have it is typical for most people because they want the higher quality and have the space so dont care

for some shows you really dont care too much and just want the episode regardless of quality. for those i use my SD profile which has the order inverted like this

[X]460 <- cutoff
[X]720
[X]1080

that way i get the episode no matter what. every now and then i might get a 720 or 1080 version but if a 480 version ever turns up later it will get downloaded and overwrite it as its “better” in that profile

Hmm, but like i have it now, it also downloads 1080. So i guess it doesnt matter where u put it u just have to enable it. Question is just if 720 is avaible will he cut off or still get 1080

Yes, thats what i understand. Thats how i used it.

The question is now, will it download qualitys above cut off (which he did) - so that is working

but i guess if he finds 1080 and 720, he will stay at cutoff 720, and if only 1080 is avaible he will download that.

is that correct?

Btw Which quality is HDTV.x264 (the 300mb files)?

I guess it will download better quality
if it comes first

HDTV.x264 = SDTV

cutoff means if that quality is reached
that episode is not monitored anymore

(even if there would be any better version OR language (if you would change it later for one show))

Just to be sure im not wasting space. Is this correct?

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-34591001/right.png.html

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.