[Hünter] PSPPS that renames obfuscated files

Hey guys,

made a script that deals with obfuscated files.
If you like, you can Git it from here https://github.com/Blackkatt/Hunter :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. I really appreciate this script. I had to create an account just to let you know.

Over the months I’ve noticed certain 1080p WEB-DL releases failing to be processed by Sonarr due to this issue(I realize it’s not Sonarr’s fault of course).
I’ve had to manually go in and either run the rename.par2 or just rename the file name of the obfuscated file myself.

After seeing 5 releases fail to process over the last day or so I got fed up and looked for a solution online.
What a coincidence that only 12 hours ago you posted this script for this exact issue.

I’ve set it up and tested it out only briefly, but it seems to work fantastically.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Really nice too here😊thnx.

Thanks for the update!

I’ve noticed in my Sabnzbd history though that it’s no longer showing “Obfuscated filename not found” or “completed” on downloaded releases that do not contain obfuscated file names.
Instead it’s outputting:

Could Not Find C:\SABNZBD\Sonarr\Random-tv-release-name\original.tmp

It’s not affecting the downloads in any way of course, but previously when I looked at my Sab history I would see “completed” next to each release. Now I see this “could not find” message. How do I fix it so that it ignores looking for original.tmp file on releases that do not have the obfuscated file names?

Hopefully you understand what I mean.

Thanks again for your work!

Hi Alex!

The script will skip post processing all together if no rename.par2 or rename with this.par2 is found and you get “Obfuscated filename not found” The error you got was my mistake. Should be fixed, I updated it a couple of times after I wrote that earlier msg. Let me know if you still have issues!

1 Like

I’ve update the script again with logging options. Where you can decide if you like to log to file.

if more starts to use this script I will move it somewhere, where you can get update on changes =)
for now, just make sure to check the version number.

1 Like

Thanks! Updated!

Updated the script, name of the par2 file no longer matter :kissing:

1 Like

Thanks once again! Updated.

Script updated

Changes for Hunter v1.3.4

• Add - you can now set max allowed “file size” for par2 files under [Search Options / Par2MaxSize]
    any par2 file bigger then the value of Par2MaxSize will be skipped
  • Fix - you receive error message “there was a problem reading the file” when a par2 file was present but did not contain any obfuscated file name.
  • Fix - Script would give “exit code is 255” if the variable (Size) was not defined.
1 Like

Hi,

I re-written hunter in powershell, its faster and more accurate. And now includes two options

option 1
par2.exe is used for repair (renaming). Obfuscated file has to be read. Depending on size takes ~13 sec for 1,7 GB file.

+ won't fail - if the poster have done his part =)
- slow

option 2
only the somename.par2 file is read to get the deobfuscated name. Takes <0.7 seconds in total to read/rename.

+ very fast
- could possibly fail

I will update this thread ones I’ve done some more testing.

1 Like

@alexpb1 have you tried the powershell version ? :scream: