HTTP request failed

Hi Phoenix99

Is this the error you get:

That’s exactly it. Windows 10 updated on the 15th March and I started having these issues on the 16th so I suspect it has something to do with whatever was updated.

Here is the update that was installed

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3139907

Bit different for me. My windows update took place on the same day as you. Looking at sonarr, it seems a new version was pushed on the 17th and that’s when I started having issues.

yeah i also had a sonarr update that day so it could be that as well

Let me just confirm

Utorrent web ui works no problem.

everything on Sonarr including indexers works no problem

the only thing it wont do is connect to utorrent

Yeah, atm I don’t think it’s the windows update, way more likely it’s Sonarr, considering the recent changes (but hey, that’s what the dev branch is for).

I could really use a Fiddler/Wireshark capture. If Win10 is messing up the http request then I need to be sure how it messes it up.
I may have a suspect, but atm little more than a gut feeling.

no problem. how exactly do i do a fiddler capture?

Thanks for your help and patience

Been a long while since I used fiddler, but http://www.telerik.com/fiddler. Basically you configure fiddler, which acts as proxy, then afaik use localhost.fiddler instead of localhost in Sonarr.

Would it be easier to use wireshark?

sure, but then you need npcap instead of winpcap to be able to capture local traffic.

I have no idea what any of that means…

well, you asked about Wireshark, so I assumed you knew what it was. :slight_smile:

(Winpcap is the driver that’s used to capture the traffic, but it can’t handle traffic that goes to localhost. npcap is an experimental driver than can.)

Btw. if you have a second windows computer, then wireshark can capture it easily.

I’ve added a branch ‘win10-utorrent’ with some stuff changed, you could try that. (switching to it works just like master & develop). It isn’t a fix, just troubleshooting.

Alternatively you could try install the master branch (using the windows installer), atm the database is still compatible. That way you can at least be sure that windows update didn’t affect it.

Error is unchanged for me when using win10-utorrent

Wish I could help more with running fiddler or wireshark. Just not sure how to use either.

I believe @markus101 may have time later to investigate as well. It’s getting late for me.

I do appreciate you taking the time to help. Have a great weekend.

@markus101 tested it yesterday on win10… no issues whatsoever.

Sry guys that it’s taking so long, not an easy problem to tackle.

We’re going back to square one:

  1. Do you have any firewall that could be interfering? (hard to imagine it’s the cause, but gotta check)
  2. Do you have a proxy/vpn configured?
  3. If you’re on version 3974 or lower, then install the current master version (atm the db is compatible). Does the error happen there too?

@Taloth

  1. This is a new build and all I have is the default windows firewall and nothing else
  2. No proxy or VPN
  3. I’m on version 3974 so can’t install the master version unless I completely uninstall first.

I assume the problem still exists on 3974?

You can install the master version without losing settings. but making a backup never hurts.
Afaik you can just kick off the installer. You may have to set the branch to ‘master’ on Settings->General to prevent it from auto-updating to dev again.

I can confirm that the master version works. Not sure how we go about fixing the develop version but if you need anything from me, please let me know.