How to set up Sonarr for auto renaming and importing with NZBGet

I recently switched from Sickrage. I’m glad I did, I like it. One issue though I don’t understand how to set it up so that it works with NZBGet like Sick Rage did and automatically rename the downloads and then move them over to my download library. Since I made the switch I’ve been forced to rename the files manually and then manually importing then through Sonarr because Sonarr doesn’t seem to see my downloads after they have been downloaded.Here is what the Sonarr log typically says:

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: W:\usenet\complete\TV\Criminal.Minds.S06E03.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-NFHD

How do I set things up so that it all works automatically? My set up is set up a little weird in that I have what I call my Download Cache where NZBGet sends the downloads set up on a different machine (a Banana Pro with 1TB SATA drive attached) from the machine that I have my NZBGet and Sonarr installed on (an Intell NUC) and then my media libraries are spread out over different NAS drives on my network. Everything was working fine when I was running Sickrage so I would question whether the problems are related to permissions. What appears to not be working is the renaming process in Sonarr. It doesn’t appear to be seeing the location NZBGet is downloading the TV shows to. Sonarr seems to be able to communicate with NZBGet. I can see programs being added to the cue:

Adding report [Criminal.Minds.S06E20.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264–NFHD] to the queue.

and it knows the status while things are being downloaded because when I look on the activity page I can see the progress bar but it doesn’t seem to see the download afterwards to rename and move it.

I’ve read that pathing (UNC vs Mapped Drives) can be an issue with Sonarr and my drives for my cache and libraries mapped. Could this be the problem? My DownloadCache is on

W:\usenet\complete\TV

and my television library is on

x:\

Can you tell me how might I over ride Sonarr and the pathing correct to my cache?

Thank you

If Sonarr is running as a service, either stop and disable the service and run it another way (Shortcut to NzbDrone.exe in the startup folder will start it automatically on login) or use UNC paths.

Switching how Sonarr is run would be the easiest since the paths should match up and everything will work. If you want to use the service + UNC paths you’ll need to setup a remote path mapping.

How do I stop Sonarr from running as a service?

You can do it from the UI (under system) or via the services control panel in Windows.

Seems like that may have done the trick. I have a couple of hundred files that need to be processed. Ill monitor and see how it goes, Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.