How to get content in /downloads hardlinked in /media?

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):5.20.1.34
Debug logs:
Description of issue:
I have a disk with these paths:

• /mnt/external/downloads (has files)
  • /mnt/external/media (empty)

I am creating a docker container with this volume:

volumes: - /mnt/external:/storage

I want Sonarr to rename files and make them available in /storage/media (in the container) which is /mnt/external/media in the host.

My files have inode > 1, suggesting that hardlinks are created. But I can’t find any paths to these files other than through /downloads.

What am I doing wrong?

where is it failing? debug logs would help with that, a lot.

what root folder is set in sonarr? (ie where did you tell sonarr to move the downloads to). presumably /storage/media

did you use the same mapping in your download client? (presuming its also in docker on that same host)

does your download client end up putting completed files into /mnt/external/downloads (or a subfolder underneath)?

does the user sonarr is running as have full permissions to /mnt/external and all subfolders?

really need the logs files to work out whats actually happening though.

Thanks for your help. This is my big question: how do I set the root folder in sonarr? Is that what happens when I import a series and change its path? Fundamentally, I don’t understand how sonarr decides to use my …/media path.

What do you mean by “the same mapping in your download client”? The download client saves files in /mnt/external/downloads, it doesn’t know about /mnt/external/media. But /mnt/external is mounted as the root of the volume.

There could be a permissions issue. I think I should understand how it’s supposed to work first, I didn’t see anything in the logs that was obvious.

Update: everything is working.

I completely missed the difference between “Importing” files that were already in /media and organized correctly, and manually importing to a series configured with a path in /media. Once I found the manual import, I was able to add those files to a series and they were hardlinked correctly. Thanks for taking the time to help out!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.