How to delete Sonarr off Mac to start again

**Sonarr version - latest
Mono version 4.4.2.11:
OS -el capitain
No logs as deleted them

Hi all

Got in such a mess on Sonarr that I want to delete and start again but I can’t do this. I deleted everything I could think of but can’t pull the application to the trash.

Can anyone suggest a way of cleaning the Mac of the software so I can reinstall? i have seriously spent hours checking forum posts and other pages and nothing is working

Thanks
Chris

Make sure its not still running via activity monitor, it may appear as mono in there. You will also need to clear out the settings store for Sonarr to start fresh, they are stored in the ((AppData directory)).

I’ve checked the activity monitor and can’t see anything running. How exactly do i delete the settings store? I just reinstalled via homebrew cast and I’m not getting this when i try and run it

“message”: “NotFound”

Any ideas?

Go to the folder and delete the contents (when Sonarr isn’t running).

As for the error we’d need to see ((debug logs)) which are in the same folder.

all i have in my nzbdrone folder is sonarr.txt. I understand the debug logs have to be turned on anyway…

i have done what you have said and its still not working…so frustrating

Is Sonarr running under a different user?
If you delete that folder and restart Sonarr is it recreated?
If you run Sonarr though terminal you can see the logs in the terminal window (as well as where they are stored).
mono --debug /path/to/NzbDrone.exe where /path/to/ is replaced with the actual path (not sure where that is for homebrew installs).

somehow i have managed to do it, I didn’t do anything except reboot the machine then i clicked on the file i downloaded and it all started to work. I guess something must have got messed up and needed a reboot. Thanks for your help anyway

1 Like

Hi Markus, Sorry to bother you again but i am back with it not working. I am getting the “localhost refused to connect” message, I have tried restoring from the backup as you suggest to do in some topics on here but no luck. I haven’t even got sonarr in the application folder so cant launch it from there. Not sure what to do now…

Follow: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#i-use-sonarr-on-a-mac-and-it-suddenly-stopped-working-what-happened

If you’re still having issues we’ll need to see the latest log files.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.