How to change execution interval of ‘Check For Finished Download’ task?

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4949
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.2.0.215

How can I change the default 1 minute interval of “Check For Finished Download” task to something higher?

Because I’m downloading straight to the destination folders (using different tool to organize media) it’s eating up 100% CPU traversing hundreds of directories every one minute.

/usr/bin/mono --debug /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe /data=/config /nobrowser /restart
This process is consuming heaps of CPU and it runs continuously because of the schedule.

In my case I’d be fine with every 3600 minutes or so.

You can’t change it.

Which download client are you using? Sounds like blackhole since you mention folders being checked.
If you’re using something other than Sonarr to organize files you could disable completed download handling and Sonarr will stop monitoring anything that has completed.

Indeed. I’m using blackhole.

Wouldn’t disabling that prevent Sonarr from detecting finished uploads? I do want it to see that files it’s throwing at the blackhole are being downloaded (and stop monitoring that that are finished)

Turning off completed download handling will stop Sonarr from trying to import files, with a proper download client Sonarr will still track the downloads, but stop tracking once it’s complete, with blackhole disabling may not actually solve anything come to think of it, since it’ll still try to track things which is the whole problem.

Have you pointed the Watch Folder at your sorted media files? If so, you’d want to point it at another unrelated folder, since you’re using something else to import you don’t want Sonarr to try. If not, what folder have you pointed it at?

Since something else is importing the files, you’ll either want to have that tell Sonarr to rescan the series folder (using the API: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Command#rescanseries) or Sonarr will only see the updates when it updates every 12 hours during the series refresh.

1 Like

Ah, I get it now. So there are effectively 3 folders to consider when using blackhole:

1. The torrent folder (where torrent files go and are expected to be picked up by some client)
  2. The monitored download folder (which Sonarr will process trying to move them to the latter)
  3. The sorted media folders, configured individually per series (which Sonarr scans every 12 hours or when triggered manually or via API)

By setting 2. to an empty folder, I will effectively disable Sonar processing of downloaded files (which is now triggered every 60 seconds). This does not prevent scanning of 3. which is a separate task.

Yeah, that’s it exactly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.