How to add "TV" library in "video" folder

If you just use the right folder mapping then it will work fine.

Seems correct by what Iā€™ve posted doesnā€™t it?

Only thing I took another guess at that might be wrong is for the sabnzbd download client. for the ROOT PATH, mine looks like this:
\SERVER\downloads\complete\

It works through explorer but not sure if thats what itā€™s looking for
the LOCAL path where I can browse shows files in the folder so I know that works.

Again, given that the error shows /volume1/downloads/..., you mapping /downloads to /downloads obviously isnā€™t right.

Do you have a better answer? Iā€™m here for help, Iā€™ve followed the guides, just telling me ā€œitā€™s wrongā€ without providing anything else doesnā€™t really solve the problem. Iā€™ve spent hours trying different ways with no definitive answer. No oneā€™s fault, but for novice user that used to just install it like any other app, this is beyond frustrating. I mean everything else works except simply moving from downloads that are completed to the proper library. It doesnā€™t matter where that library is as Iā€™ve tried others. The download client within Sonarr works and sonarr sees the files as a manual import works, so Iā€™m having trouble understanding exacty what youā€™re suggesting. Again, appreciate you taking a look, I know no one is paying you for this!

As in it should be /volume1/downloads

It should not be this.
In fact, his downloads folder should go into the /data share.
That way instant moves and hardlinking will work.

Read:

You already posted the same link, you were ignored for a reason. Read the actual thread.

Ignoring the guide is what made his setup a mess.
Synology lied that you canā€™t make other share available for DLNA.

So just copying all his old content from /VIDEO or /TV or whatever into the /data/media would make Sonarr be able to see everything.

And adding /media as DLNA folder, would make his TV see the media as well.

Meanwhile Iā€™m happily using Sonar v4 outside of Docker with zero issues which I avoided at first because someone claimed it didnā€™t work. They were wrong.

There are some permission issues with either setup, that much Iā€™m sure of, I think I just got lucky as the system users created canā€™t be deleted easily and after a few install attempts, it finally worked with the old user name/ system user names.

The guides are great, but not perfect. I moved files, tested scenarios and between bad info and it not performing properly, I moved on. I do suspect thereā€™s an issue with Docker on that particular system as after a few runs I couldnā€™t even login to Sonarr, this was consistent. Logs didnā€™t seem to offer much at all as to why anything was happening. The DLNA answer sounded wrong when I heard it but again, without the guidance, what was I going to do? Even now, how is that done exactly? I ended up moving the folders into the DLNA folder and now everything does what I want the way I want and I hope I never have to deal with this again.

Iā€™m still confused with Docker in general, i thought the idea was portability and compatibility, then why can I just take someone elseā€™s Sonar container and drop it mine with a few adjustments? I know, ā€œreasonsā€ lol.

The goal should be to help everyone get Sonarr working, not I lectures and ā€œI told you soā€ after the fact donā€™t you think?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.