How NzbDrone handles WEBDL and WEBRIP

How come NzbDrone treats a web-rip and a web-dl the same way? Based on my little research there is a big difference in quality between the two, web-dl being the better quality.

I asked because I downloaded a web-rip but processed it as a web-dl.

Shedrock

It treats them as the same thing. I’ve never seen a show where webrips and webdls are both released. Most webrips I’ve seen come from Netflix series.

Care to elaborate on what the differences are, I spent 30 seconds and didn’t find much.

I probably found the same info as you did, but I do find a slight difference in quality when I compare them. Not much, but slight. I only asked because I downloaded this episode: Legend.of.the.Seeker.S01E02.WEBRip.1080p.x264.DD5.1-Absinth

I am also assuming that there may be slight differences between the two or else only one would exist??

In the first post you mention there is a big difference in quality, thats why I asked.

Found this:

AFAIK, WEB-DLs are untouched videos from the web whereas WEBRips are reencoded videos, so the quality is usually lower.

I know for movies there are BRRips and BDRips, with the latter being better:

BRRip = An XviD encode from a Blu-Ray release (i.e. a 1080p *.mkv file).
BDRip = An XviD encode directly from a source Blu-Ray disk.

For that particular episode I see some WEBDL 720p releases (full season pack), and they both have some the same Audio (AC3 DD5.1), I’d be curious on the bitrate, but otherwise I don’t see there being a big difference.

The bitrate for the above web-rip is: 5800 Kbps. I am not sure about the web-dl releases, as NzbDrone only grabbed HDTV720p from episode 3 onwards.