How long does it take for TVDB changes to update on Sonarr?

I added an episode to BBC Documentaries on the TVDB this morning, about 6 hours ago. I’ve seen it mentioned in the past that due to caching, TVDB changes can take 1-2 hours to be reflected in Sonarr, but I’m still not seeing the episode I added when I update the series in Sonarr. Has the cache refresh time been increased? 6 hours seems a long time to wait for the update to come through. I have the episode downloaded but am unable to import it into my media library because Sonarr doesn’t have it in the database yet.

Which episode? The last one I see in sonarr and tvdb is 192.

A few weeks ago, tvdb caches were much longer since they had to rollback to the old site (and rebuild all caches). I’m not sure to which extend that still applies, seems unlikely.

Anyway, the exact propagation time varies. Under normal conditions it’s under 90 minutes.

As a followup to this, I really think it would be useful to have a button on the series page allowing data to be updated directly from the TVDB. Several times I have had to add an episode at the TVDB because it wasn’t there yet, manually downloaded it outside of Sonarr, and am then unable to import it until the data has propagated to Sonarr several hours later. A “Refresh direct from TVDB” button would allow me to import the newly added episode immediately, and not have to remember to do it later. The button would appear only as a manual option on the individual series pages, and global and automatic refreshes could still be done using Sonarr’s cache, to avoid overloading the TVDB servers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.