How do have sonarr grab x265 vs x264 files?

Is there a way to have sonarr go out and grab x265 files, instead of x264 files ? Seems my shows are downloading x264, however I prefer the x265. Using Jackett, along with Deluge both on Synology NAS.

1 Like

You can’t prefer it, but you can require it with Release Restrictions (Must contain).

Radarr did find a way to “prefer” tags. I don’t know if it would be worth borrowing their code for that

We’re still considering how we want to do it and where it would be tied in, lots of things to consider with it.

1 Like

I rather like Radarr’s implementation. They have the preferred tags under each profile as your tags will probably vary for each profile. (At least mine do.) If you ever go this route, that would be my recommendation.

They also have a few more profiles, such as Remux-1080p. It wouldn’t be bad to have those options in Sonarr as well.

I don’t know how much work would be involved cloning just those pieces of their code or if it would be worth it. Just giving this info in case you ever do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.