High Disk Reads after latest update

I just noticed this in the last week. I don’t know if it directly aligns with the update or not (It could very well align with a “cleanup” I did on the machine… repairing permissions and clearing cache’s and such)

Sonarr on my Mac (Running Yosemite, all the way up to date) seems to be reading crazy amounts off my disk.
I had it up and running for about a week and it read almost 12TB of data.
The whole machine is slow. The minute I shut down Sonarr, it’s usable again.
Fire it back up and it slows down again.

First time posting here, so tell me what logs and such I need and I’l get them for you.

What kind of ‘cleanup’ did you do?

If Sonarr lost track of all the EpisodeFiles and is rescanning them it will be trying to get mediainfo for em all. Which, for 12TB, can take a pretty while.
But once it’s in the db, it shouldn’t be doing that anymore. So my first guess is that the series folders were inaccessible or something causing Sonarr to remove em from the db.

To confirm you can temporarily disable it in Settings->Media Management->File Management->Analyse video files (advanced option).

(If you turn it back on later, and run Update Library on the main page it will refresh all series and get mediainfo for the files missing it.)

Clean up was:
Running checks and repairs in Disk Utility
And then running the maintenance scripts in Onyx.

Going to test out disabling the analyse video files option.
I’ll post back shortly

Looks like that was it, but I’m going to leave it for a few hours to make sure.

Is that just a process I need to wait out?
Is it a vital process? I watch all these shows in Plex anyway and it’s picking up the video specs on it’s end.

Only vital if you want to add media info to your files (audio/video codec, subtitles, etc).

Thanks.
I left it off for several hours and the machine still seemed fine.
I turned it back on and ran an update library.

Hopefully that’ll be the end of it :smile:

Everything is still running smooth today.

Thanks for the help.