Help with regex expression

I need some help with a regex expression to use in a quality definition.

I would prefer amazon WEBDL 1080p releases over more generic webdl releases.

I do not use the Raw-HD definition so thought I would put a custom expression in the title and Sonarr could replace lower quality episodes with better ones as they are released.

Trouble is, I see two different formats to the file naming convention describing these releases.

I see some like this: 1080p.AMZN.WEBRip

and some like this: 1080p.Amazon.WEB-DL

Can someone help with the appropriate regex expression that would catch EITHER of those type releases? Or is there another way to do this?

To be honest they are both wrong renamed,
The official naming scheme should be:
1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL

I don’t use regex but I do use tags to get my preferred version of release.
Sonarr-How-To-Seperate-Different-WEB-DL-Releases
And yes you can add 2 or more “must contain” options so it will look for both.

I would have assumed that if I added two “must contain” options it would match only releases which contain both strings - is that not the case? You seem to be suggesting here that it works on an “OR” basis, not an “AND”?

It works as or base,
Tested it with a release I wanted from a certain release group that uses BTN or NTB
Test it your self add the tag and do a manual search and you can see what it does for you.
Same works for the ignore,
Otherwise you would have allot of ignore entry’s.

1 Like

I obviously didn’t read the instructions properly - I see now that it says in the Edit Restriction dialog, “The release must contain at least one of these terms.” Not all of them.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.