Help with Mapping Paths

Hello,
Sonarr Version 3.0.6.1265
Windows 10

I have read many help files and cannot seem to figure out how to get the downloaded files from uTorrent to my "c:\users\myname\videos folder. Yes, I feel dumb. :grin:

I have no errors, my shows download. I need help with Sonarrā€™s settings to work with my uTorrent directories to move my downloaded files to another folder.

In uTorrent, I have the ā€œLocation of Downloaded Filesā€ set to:
Incomplete = C:\Torrents\Incomplete.
I have the option ticked to move completed files to= C:\Torrents\Completed
The ā€œAppend to torrentā€™s labelā€ is also selected.

Is it simply changing the Sonarr paths? If so, what should I use for Sonarrā€™s ā€œRemote Path Mappingsā€?

TYIA,
Brian

I changed the Remote Path Mapping to c:\users\myname\videos. New videos are showing up in that path but to a folder (created by uTorrent) called ā€œSonarr TV Showsā€. The new videos are also being duplicated in c:\Torrents\Completed in a folder called ā€œtv-sonarrā€ that sonarr has created somehow.
Iā€™m lost.

Please see the quick start guide, the FAQ, and the troubleshooting guide to understand how sonarr works, that two files are expected, and to troubleshoot your issue.

https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr

Itā€™s also strongly suggested to not use utorrentā€¦ the world has long moved passed that crapware many years agoā€¦ Qbit is used these days

Remote path map is certainly not needed in your situation

Also ensure you read and grok the installation instructionsā€¦it sounds like you may not have read them at all.

Sonarr is supported natively on Windows. Sonarr can be installed on Windows as Windows Service or system tray application.

can be installed as system tray application or Windows Service. A system tray application is started after the user logs in and is visible as an icon on the taskbar system tray.
A Windows Service runs even when the user is not logged in, but special care must be taken since Windows Services cannot access network drives (\server\share or X:\ mapped drives) without special configuration steps.
Additionally the Windows Service runs under the ā€˜Local Serviceā€™ account, by default this account does not have permissions to access your userā€™s home directory unless permissions have been assigned manually. This is particularly relevant when using download clients that are configured to download to your home directory.
Itā€™s therefore advisable to install Sonarr as a system tray application if the user can remain logged in. The option to do so is provided during the installer.

Thanks for your reply. Youā€™re right, Iā€™ve never read the start guide or any wiki documents. Coming from v2 of sonarr, I thought the v3 remote path mapping was something similar to the ā€œdroneā€ feature in v2.

Iā€™ll look at qBitorrent. I donā€™t see how one torrenting software can be vastly different- subtle like no ads, sure. But Iā€™m probably wrong. :slight_smile:

I should add- Iā€™m using my knowledge from v2, I did not install v3 as a service.

Looking at the wiki for sonarr and download client, I see this :

• Post-Import Category - the category to set after the release is downloaded and imported. Please note that this breaks completed download handling removal.

Can someone please explain to me how to setup uTorrent for this, please?

whatā€™s their to explain?

thatā€™s an advanced optionā€¦and typically not neededā€¦unless you permaseed.

I figured out my issue, another had to think on a higher level to troubleshoot. ā€œcan someoneā€¦ā€ after your post = asking for anotherā€™s advice with other ideas because yours missed my issue.

But solved now. Thanks for your first post though.

For any others that might have this problem down the road and find this: I created a label in uTorrent to a folder that I wanted to change. Once you create a label, it cannot be removed. I uninstalled uTorrent and selected the ā€œremove settingsā€ option during the uninstall. I did not reboot my pc though. I reinstalled uTorrent and I just noticed that it retained the old custom sonarr label I created to the unwanted folder. I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled uTorrent, made a new label, done.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.