Help! "Access to the path is denied" but no logical reason

Hi Guys,

I’m getting “Failed to import episode” with error:

Couldn't import episode /mnt/path/filename.mkv: Access to the path is denied.

Exception:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
  at System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.MoveFile (System.String source, System.String destination, Boolean overwrite) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TransferFile (System.String sourcePath, System.String targetPath, TransferMode mode, Boolean overwrite, Boolean verified) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

It has previously proceed files for the series and all these files appear to be higher quality versions of episodes I already have. I’m running under freebsd, the owner and group are correct and I have even opened up, execute, read and write for everyone to paths and files with chmod 777.

I cannot understand why or were its getting stuck. Any idea’s?

Thanks,

Quick update. I’ve just removed one of the episodes, which will be replaced with higher quality and the downloader processed the file without issue…

Sounds like the existing files aren’t writable by Sonarr so its failing to remove it. Check the permissions on the destination files/folders.

I’ve got the same and all of my destination files/directories are same group and 777 permissions. All of my download folders are 777 for that matter.

Yep, that’s correct, owner and group are the sonarr service user and 777 doesn’t resolve it. Additionally the permissions given to files when using sonarr is 744, which should be ok.

If this helps, here is the Mono version

mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 4.0.3 (Stable 4.0.3.20/d6946b4 Tue Aug 18 04:04:15 UTC 2015)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
    TLS:           __thread
    SIGSEGV:       altstack
    Notification:  kqueue
    Architecture:  amd64
    Disabled:      none
    Misc:          softdebug 
    LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
    GC:            sgen

Good news, I found my problem. I had enabled the ‘Recycling Bin’ and it was permissions on this folder.

Interestingly, it was working at some point because there are files in there, however after changing the permissions it started working.

We should have a feature request to improve this logging/debugging. There are no messages that report what Sonarr is going prior to receiving the “Access to the path is denied” and no pointer to what folders are affected. I checked the log files and even enabled debugging on mono… Am I missing something?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.