Having a problem with Sonarr and ASUSTOR NAS

I seem to be having an issue running Sonarr running on my ASUSTOR AS6204T NAS…
After having set it up, and making sure it was running, I shutdown Sonarr, as I had to
reboot the NAS… Now when I try to run Sonarr again, I get a “Connection Refused” error…
I currently access my NAS using Chrome, and after some reading, found that there was a
possibility of an issue with Chrome, so I accessed my nas using Internet Explorer, and when
I again tried to run Sonarr, I got the same error… I could really use some help with this issue…

Is Sonarr actually being started? It sounds like it’s not running (check the ((log files)) to confirm it’s being started.
If it is being started, is it crashing?
If not did you setup an auto-start script for it? There are a number of auto-start guides for linux on the wiki that may work for you.

I’ll apologize from the start, I’m kind of a noob at this…
I have Sonarr (Actually the app installed on my Asustor Nas is called NzbDrone)…
I can’t find the log files anywhere on the Nas, and I have no idea how to lookup
auto-start guides for NzbDrone on my Nas…

I’m not sure where they are located on your NAS, if you start Sonarr up manually you can check the location under the System section of Sonarr.

https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Autostart-on-Linux Lists a few, it will depend on which flavour of Linux the ASUSTOR is running (IIRC it’s based off of a standard version on Linux, but I can’t recall which one offhand). There may be another guide elsewhere with how to set it up.

Same thing here.

Product Name:* AS3204T
ADM Version:* ADM 2.6.6 RCF2
Browser:* Chrome
Browser Version: 55.0.2883.87 m
LAN Setting: DHCP
Uplink Network Devices:* ASUS RT-AC68U
Sonarr Version: 2.0.0.4326

It is not a browser issue.
Disable and enable the app via ADM does not solve the problem.
However uninstall and re-install does until next restart of the NAS.
Obviously it is not added to Autostart.

See also:

https://support.asustor.com/index.php?/Default/Tickets/Ticket/View/14289

I also emailed the developer of the app “mafredri”.

No solution in sight. No access to root directories to manually fix it.
Need to hope for an update soon to fix it.

I tried the uninstall and reinstall, and yes, I can confirm it works, but all of the settings have to be redone…
There are a ton of settings, pain in the…

Also, I am unable to view ticket number 14289 on the Asustor support site…
Can u tell me what it says?

@RGauld
I have talked with the developer.
The problem in my case was enabled HTTPS in Sonarr. Although ADM still calls it over the HTTP port (even with enabled HTTPS in ADM). There are some limitations in the NAS environment and some things need to be done manually.
Long story short, there is no easy way to use HTTPS - therefore disable it. Now that you cannot access the app, you have to run the following script via SSH:

sed -i -e ‘s#True#False#’ /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/config/config.xml
/usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/CONTROL/start-stop.sh restart

While you’re at it, update Sonarr to the latest version:

cd /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr &&
wget http://update.sonarr.tv/v2/master/mono/NzbDrone.master.tar.gz &&
tar xzf NzbDrone.master.tar.gz &&
rm NzbDrone.master.tar.gz &&
chown -R admin:administrators NzbDrone &&
rm -r Sonarr &&
mv NzbDrone Sonarr &&
./CONTROL/start-stop.sh restart &&
echo “All done!” || echo “Error!”

The support ticket at Asustor is basically the same thread, without them having a solution.
I hope there will be a fully functioning SSL environment in near future - another ticket i sent them.

Wow! Your help has been awesome! I very much appreciate it! Another question:
While looking through App Central, I noticed that Sonarr is listed twice… It shows
up as NzbDrone (20140830-r1) as well as Sonarr (2.0.0.4326)… Which one should
I be installing?

Sonarr is the new name of NZBDrone, i would stick to this.

I just got this response from ASUSTOR tech support:

For the question you mentioned, you can follow the the steps below to run the demon on system startup

1. login NAS as “root” via ssh client (e.g. Utility like “Putty” on Windows or “terminal” on Mac)
  2. Put your script under /usr/local/etc/init.d/
  3. Rename script name to SXXscript_name (S00 ~ S99: script execute order, S00 is in order of first, S99 is in order of last)
  4. Modify execute permission for this script
    e.g. # chmod +x /usr/local/etc/init.d/S99last

I don’t have time to try it right now, But I thought IPhantom would like a go at it…

Again, apologies for being a noob at this, but I have little experience with Linux…
Asustor says “put your script”… What is a script file? What should the filename
of this script file be? Also, how do I copy said script file to: “/usr/local/etc/init.d/”?
And as for modifying the execute permission?

Hello? Can anyone help me with this?

I haven’t had any reply to this… Can someone help me with scripts? please? anyone?

I would really appreciate some help from anyone here who has experience with scripts…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.